Bosch Dishwasher Air Vent hose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch Dishwasher Air Vent hose?

Howdy - Apprentice Plumber here. I've done lots of dishwashers installations in other peoples homes, but never a Bosch dishwasher which has a an air vent hose. I'm just curious where you would pipe or run this air vent hose? It's a seperate air vent hose off of the side of the unit and not part of the drain hose or anything. Thanks.

Re: Bosch Dishwasher Air Vent hose?

What do the installation instructions say about it?
    You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Last edited by Christopher Lambert; 04-30-2009, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Lambert View Post
        Drill a 1/2" hole in the side of the KS vent, insert the vent tube, then caulk.
        If you worked for me , I would beat you with the rubber hose and stuff whatever was left of you through the hole in my vent line!

You have a lot of learning in front of you Mr. Lambert.

Comment

Originally posted by PIPES View Post
          If you worked for me , I would beat you with the rubber hose and stuff whatever was left of you through the hole in my vent line!

You have a lot of learning in front of you Mr. Lambert.
          Pipes,

I couldn't agree more. I can only imagine the look on an inspector's face when he sees a hole drilled in the side of a vent with a plastic tube feed into it.
          the dog

Comment

i've installed bosch diswashers on many occasions and don't recall any second rubber hose

must be a canadian thing

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Lambert
              No doubt I have a lot of learning to do... I'm an apprentice, not a licensed Plumber... (good thing, too, huh?)

If it makes you feel better, I am beaten with a rubber hose on a daily basis... in the sense that I make, well, not nearly enough to even live in Toronto...

My first employer had me drill pipe & caulk several times with plastic hoses, so I could only assume this would be similar...
              I also made sure to state to read the intructions, as I was not sure...

Perhaps you could tell both of us what the correct thing to do would be?

Thanks,
              Chris
              sounds like his boss is the one that needs the beating
              West Trail Mechanical Ltd
              Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

The instructions don't mention much about the air vent hose.

Drilling holes in pipes and caulking things is about as sketchy as it gets.

Plus we're talking about a vent hose that is connected to an area with clean dishes. I don't want sewer gas coming into my dishwasher.

Comment

I installed a Bosch Dishwasher in my home last summer. My model (Bosch SHU43C02UC) as well contains the infamous "vent" hose. After discussing this with many folks that had no clue where the damm thing went, I contacted Bosch.

The hose simply remains secured via the clamp to the side of the unit. The vent should not be rerouted or moved.... I have had my unit in place for approximatley 8 months with no issue. While the dishwasher has been great, Bosch acknowledged they did a poor job explaining the vent hose in the their manuels based on the number of calls regarding the hose.

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
                    sounds like his boss is the one that needs the beating

Sounds to me like they both need a good beatin'

I'd be glad to avail you of my services...

Comment

Working...
                    X