Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flushable Baby Wipes?

Originally posted by Acemac View Post
    I really don't have any idea how i could ever go back to not using these to be "clean" After using the toliet so i really need to know if you guys have run across and sugestions to a baby wipe addict?
    Garbage can?

Comment

ya not to sure the wife would like me doing that....

Comment

ace

you live in a 20 year old home you probably have 3.5 gal flush stools. our house was built in 1954. we don't have any problems. we flush paper towels, wipes and/or whatever. if it will flush we flush it. we have a well. we aren't chincie with the water. martha used to travel. i drilled out a shower head and gave her wrenches. she would change the shower heads where ever the union sent her. i think baby wipes are way over blamed here. most of the homes i work in have wipes. very seldom is the drain plugged. must be the slick 55 year old cast iron drains. yes that must be it. breid.........

Comment

am i safe to say if i have been flushing them for over a year here that there prob wont be a issue to continue?

Comment

I've got a solution to your problem it's called a toilet seat bidet. I'm sure your wife will say no. Thats O.K. Most plumbers are afraid of them also. They just can't bring themselves to trust a plumbing fixture instead of toilet paper or baby wipes. Well truth be known most of there wives won't let them. Anyway if you want to be 100% clean every time. Have roids and UTI's go away. Not have the damage wiping does to your butt happen and yes the damage is terrible. Have your kids never get skid marks, Help a family member if they become to old to wipe, help somebody going through Chemo not be in terrible pain from wiping, Oh heck I could go on and on.

But to answer your question. Just keep flushing the baby wipes. It's been a number of year with no trouble. You will be fine Besides it SAYSFLUSHABLE

Comment

I've been trying to stimulate the economy lately by putting banner ads on my website encouraging the use of these products.

For years I've been the one who cared, told them what to prevent from happening again, but I don't make money when I solve their problem.

So...

I give a free roll of the heaviest triple pleated charmin toilet paper, "flushable" fabric softener sheets and Preparation H wipes.

I am kind.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

ace

yes. breid..............

Comment

you've been lucky that they haven't plugged or got snagged on a fitting.

1 day they will as they don't dissolve. sooner or later you'll find out the hard way when you go downstairs and find an indoor turd pool

do an experiment. place a few sheets of toilet paper in a cup of water and a baby wipe in the other cup of water. let sit overnight or over the week. see what they both look like

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    I've been trying to stimulate the economy lately by putting banner ads on my website encouraging the use of these products.

For years I've been the one who cared, told them what to prevent from happening again, but I don't make money when I solve their problem.

So...

I give a free roll of the heaviest triple pleated charmin toilet paper, "flushable" fabric softener sheets and Preparation H wipes.

I am kind.
                    I've quit telling women to stop flushing feminen stuff same with baby wipes although that sometimes lead to a bidet sale so I don't tell them to stop flushing I just tell them of a better way. I realized I am talking to a brick wall when it comes to what people are going to flush. Besides it's money in my pocket. If someone asks what they can do to keep the back up from happening then I'll tell them. Unless they are jerks then I'll tell them flushing cat litter helps cleans the pipes. Just kidding I'm not that mean

Comment

so breid says its ok and rick says its just a disaster waiting to happen.....

damn.

is there any thing i can do to contain a back up if it does happen to just where the floor drain is?

or

could i have a plumber come scope my drain to see if there is a clog waiting to happen growing down there?

I am a sales guy for a commercial mechanical contractor i bet one of our plumbers has a scope.

Comment

They way I see it is customers are calling for a solution. We are charging a lot for a solution to their problems so I will for sure tell the customer if I find anything. We also have a warranty and I tell customers it doesn't cover abuse and we consider anything but toilet paper and human waste to be abuse. Once that sinks in and they realize they can't get a free drain cleaning then they usually stay away from flushing the wipes, tampons, condoms, fetuses, cats, wood chips, mob heads, plastic tea cups, flutes, socks, rags, toothbrushes, and perscription medicine bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by Acemac View Post
                          so breid says its ok and rick says its just a disaster waiting to happen.....
                          you've had good luck and continue to risk it. it's a matter of time before the luck runs out. the wipes will eventually snag on a joint and start the stoppage process.

if you can get it camered, that would be interesting to see what is happening. i wouldn't spend money on it though. take the guy out for some dinner.

my buddy lives in your town and i have camered some of his insurance work. next time i come to visit, i can pack my microdrain.

rick.

just 1 bag is all i need for most everything. my dvdpak is carry on.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-15-2009, 08:15 PM.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

My house has CI plumbing then 4" to city mains Baby wipes & cat Litter for 15 Years No Clogs ...

I know better But all my equipment IS standing by ... I Even Put Baby wipes in my RV Toilet Then Dump The holding tank into the 4" cleanout by the house ...

All this is an experiment to try to cause a clog .... But The CI was Done beautifully and when I remodeled it And I saw no reason to change it ... And when I Did the main lines I used a chop saw and Deburred all the pipe ends ...

Dave

Comment

i love when people use baby wipes! $$$$$$$$$$$ in my pockets

Comment

ok so it seems pretty obvious that this COULD/WILL cause a major problem someday. that being said if i go out and pick my self up a hand snake and start regularly snaking my line will that help prevent the issue? or will a snake really only work if there is a full clog in the line?

Guess i am trying to figure out a good way to continue my dirty little habit (of being really clean) wwhile still feeling safe about doing it.

is there any preventive measures (besides not doing the action) that could help save me one day from a poop pool?

yes i do understand that this is like a drug user asking if there is something he can do so drugs wont kill him......

ohh and what type of pumbing do you all think i have the house is in chanhassen MN built in the 80's? i know all the piping i can see running into the floor is PVC.
                                Last edited by Acemac; 12-16-2009, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X