NEW EMPLOYMENT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW EMPLOYMENT

I'M GETTING OUT OF THE ARMY IN A FEW DAYS. I WILL BE GOING BACK TO PENSACOLA FLORIDA IN A FEW MONTHS. I HAVE A JOB LINED UP WITH ROTO-ROOTER FOR WHEN I GET BACK. I DONE PLUMBING BEFORE I CAME INTO THE ARMY, AND QUIT PERSONALLY, I'VE NEVER LIKED THIS COMPANY. BUT I HAVE ENOUGH HOURS TO TAKE MY LIC. TEST I JUST NEED AN EMPLOYER, AND I THINK THAT SPECIALIZING IN DRAIN CLEANING WILL HELP ME ONE DAY IN MY ON COMPANY. I HAVE NO DESIRE AT ALL TO STAY WITH THEM, BUT EVERY OTHER CO. I LOOK AT IN MY AREA, I WILL JUST GET STUCK ROUGHING IN HOUSES FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.
    WHAT I'M WANTING TO ASK IS:

SORRY ABOUT THAT. I ACCIDENTLY POSTED THAT. I WASN'T GOING TO NAME THE CO. BUT ANYWAY. I KNOW THAT SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS HELPFULL INFO ON THIS CO., GOOD OR BAD.
    THEY SEEM TO OFFER THE DIVERSE PLUMBING SERVICES THAT WOULD HELP ME IN THE FUTURE. NOT JUST GET STUCK DOING A COUPLE OF THINGS. WHAT IS YA'LLS INPUT?

Comment

Take a look at this site before you commit:

http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/
      Has information for those leaving the military who have interest in the building trades.

Use their Military Skills Translator:
      http://trades.helmetstohardhats.org/action/codeLookup

and also look here:

http://www.ua.org/join.asp
      http://www.ua.org/journeyman.asp

Of course there are many other possibilities, both union and non-union in many different trades, but I believe you should at least review these sites and give them some consideration.

[ 08-30-2005, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Bob D. ]

Comment

Marco,

Bob D. is talking some sense. Please read before jumping. This trade can use young blood.

the dog
        the dog

Comment

what i don,t see. to be happy ,you need a passion for your work. are you sure plumbing is the right track for you?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic:
            what i don,t see. to be happy ,you need a passion for your work. are you sure plumbing is the right track for you?
            Write this down boys, history is being made before your eyes. I, the dog, agree with Tool.

Excellent post Tool.

your humble servant,

the dog
            the dog

Comment

dogs tail is wagging. toss him a bone.
              rick.

Comment

EVEN SINCE I'VE BEEN IN THE ARMY FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS, I'VE BEEN GOING HOME EVER OTHER WEEK (480M)TO CATCH UP ON ALL THE SIDE WORK. I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT. THIS IS FOR ME. I KNOW THAT IT'S A HARD ROW TO HOE FOR A WHILE, BUT IT'S WORTH IT TO ME. NO QUESTION THERE. THE ONLY QUESTION IN MY MIND IS UNTIL I GET THE EXPERIENCE I NEED TO ONE DAY VENTURE OUT ON MY OWN; WHO DO I WORK FOR UNTIL THEN? WHERE DO I GET THE BEST PLUMBING EXPERIENCE SO THAT ONE DAY I WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST PLUMBERS IN MY AREA. THAT'S WHAT I WANT AND WHO I WANT TO BE. THANKS
                MARCO

Comment

i've got a real gut feeling that marco will prosper in plumbing.
                  he types in all caps. just like i did up to a week ago. go for it marco.

rick.

Comment

THANKS RICK! DO YROU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ROTO-R#$%!R?

Comment

Marco,

The company whose name you mentioned should never be brought up around professional plumbers. If you want to be screwed, used, taught to rip off your customers, poorly trained and provide your own truck and tools in the process go ahead and jump off that cliff. I know a few guys who were stuck in that hole for awhile.

My advice would be to run far away from them.

There are thousands of good plumbing contractors in America, the company you mentioned is not one of them

Marco,

Would it be possible for you to use lower case typing? All caps seem to jumble together to these old eyes and it is considered shouting on internet BBS's. Thanks.

Also thanks for your service to our country. There are a lot of places that will give you preference over other applicants due to your service.
                      Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Rick,

Surely you could give Marco an off page interview, find out a bit more about him and maybe reccomend him to one of the contractors you work with or maybe give him a bit of your workload. I'd hate to see anyone who served his country get stuck with Roto &*&% rheemer.

Lets help a vet.

Comment

Thanks for the advice and any help with contacts in NW Florida would be awesome. You guys are great. Marco
                          marco.kendrick@us.army.mil

Comment

marco, i would recommend you look at a local reputable co. typically these large chain style co's. are all about selling and commissions. typically there is no plumber, client rapore.

as far as a contact for you, i'm in los angeles. you're in florida. plumber is much closer. he might have a referral? i started out in a union shop. you could check with the local union. out here there are very few union repair shops.

rick.

Comment

Thanks Marco,

Thats much easier to read.

The UA (the pipe trades union most widely recognized is called the United Association) has the best apprenticeship programs available. The wages and benefits are generally amoung the best of all of the trades. In the interests of avoiding any animosity and fostering a free exchange of information I generally do not write much about the UA here. However, for those who excell there is a great and prosperous future with them. With your military background you will recieve preference over other similarly qualified candidates.

There are other trades in the piping industry that can be quite rewarding also. Consider pipefitting or steamfitting, these gentlemen are in great demand and usually earn all the overtime they want to accept.

Comment

Working...
                              X