X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knee pads

This plumbing stuff is taking a toll on my knees. I started with a foam lined hard plastic pair of knee pads. That was sufficient for a while. Then I saw some gel lined pads. I bought a pair and they felt much better. But I have developed a constant dull pain/pressure. What knee pads have you guys used?

PCP- AFTER MANY YEARS (30) OF NEW CONSTRUCTION PLUMBING AND SERVICE. I FOUND THAT AN ORDINARY FOAM GARDEN PAD WORKS THE BEST. AT 2.00 EACH I BUY THEM BY THE CASE. WHEN THEY GET DIRTY OR TORN, I TOSS THEM. PLUS THEY DON'T BUNCH UP ON YOUR KNEES & NOTHING GETS STUCK BETWEEN THE KNEE AND PAD. I'VE TRIED THE HEAVY LEATHER, PLASTIC CAP, AND ALMOST EVERYTHING I COULD FIND. THESE PADS WORK THE BEST.
    I HAD MY RIGHT KNEE DRAINED 5 TIMES WITH A NEEDLE THAT YOU WOULD USE ON A HORSE. NO FUN. SINCE THESE PADS, 0 TIMES. GIVE IT A TRY.
    PLUS THEY WORK GOOD IN A CABINET FOR YOUR BACK TOO.
    RICK.

Comment

So I can find these things in the local hardware store in the gardening section? How thick are they? Sounds like a great idea if you're working in a certain spot for a length of time. I do a lot of crawling and would still like to get a pair of knee pads. I'll give that gardening pad a shot as I know I can definitely use it for finish work. I think it'll be nice not to have pads strapped to my legs once in a while.

Comment

PADS ARE APPROX. 1'' THICK. GREAT FOR FINISH AS YOU THOUGHT. THE FEW TIMES I TRIED TO CRAWL WITH KNEE PADS IT WAS NO FUN. HAD TO KEEP DIRT , FROM GETTING BETWEEN THE PAD AND MY KNEE. TO TOUGH TO WEAR UNDER THE PANTS. MOST OF THE TIME IT'S TO TIGHT TO KNEEL. HAVE TO SLIDE AND DRAG. GETTING TO OLD, TOO SMART TO CRAWL. STILL LIFTING THE BIG HEATERS BY MYSELF. 75-100 GALLON ONTO PLATFORMS.
        RICK

Comment

Sears has a nice set of gel filled knee pads with wide velcro closures. They don't chaffe too badly.

When kneeling in the same spot for long periods of time a nice sheet of heavy industrial rubber foam insulation works very well. It holds up surprisingly well and you can usually get sizeable scraps from your pipe insulators.

Or get your apprentices to do most of the kneeling work.
          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Working...
          X