X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventative Maintenance

Just out of curiousity... I wondered if any of you plumbers, pipe fab, drain maintance guys/gals do any preventative maintenance on your tools. Snake oil, grease, etc. We are having some discussions with our service centers and the topic came up. Any recomendations to other users on extending the life of their tools?

Josh

Re: Preventative Maintenance

of course i do, thats why they last so long another reason is i'm the only one to use them

i would say that what i found to be the most important item with the smaller cables and machines -k39/k40, is to remove the cable when finished with the job. the reason is that the cable will rust as the small inner drum doesn't have a real drain hole. it also only takes seconds to remove the cable and another minuteto pick the proper cable for the application and fedd it into the drum.

this by far has made the cables last the longest. infact because of this, i don't need to oil these small cables. 1/4'', 5/16''and 3/8''. a couple of carbon brushes and a couple of electric cords.

on the larger machines and cables, it's not practical to remove the cables, 3/4''. the cables do get oiled and the drums do have a proper dran hole.
    these machines k-750 and 7500 have bearings to lube and auto feeds to clean.

the k50 and k60 sectional machines require grease and an occasional cleaning of the clutch/ jaw assy. the cables ends need oil to prevent the snap pins from sticking.

on some of my less used equipment, there is less maintanance.

i have gotten into my coring machine to repair the clutch assy and lube.

the seesnakes have been a factory service thing. never anything that i had to pay for

same with 1 of the propress 320's. only postage 1 way

i guess it's true of my vehicles too. i fix it and service it myself. when it's a stumper, it's to the dealer. 1 time

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Josh: You should know by now that all these plumbers are Snake oil salesmen.

Sorry fellas, I just couldn't resist!!

Comment

Rick just curious question but how many snakes do you own? It sounds like you have quite the the collection. If so are you looking at adopting
        Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler S View Post
          Rick just curious question but how many snakes do you own? It sounds like you have quite the the collection. If so are you looking at adopting
          Tyler
          as long as mrs seat down doesn't see this, it's cool

start from small to large

3- k-38
          4- k-39 power feeds
          1-k-40
          3- k-50
          1- k-60
          3-k-750
          2- k7500
          1- general #88 1.25'' sectional
          1- general mini rooter with 3/8'' x 75' and 1/2''x 75'
          1 -general 1/2'' x 100'
          1- milwaukee hand gun (k38) had this since i was 13,now it's retired
          6- asst. jetters and a trailer jetter.
          6- seesnakes w/ recievers
          4- other cameras
          2- general 6' closet augers
          1- ridgid 6' closet auger
          50+ asst. replacement cables 1/4''- 1.25''

that's it for drain cleaning.
          don't ask about other plumbing tools the server will crash

does ridgid give point's or miles

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Not bad, I sorry but I really don't know what to say to that but wow.

Comment

Dang Rick, thats a nice tool collection. If we did miles you would be flying around the world a couple times. Congratz on building such a complete arsenal.

Josh

Comment

You call it arsenal, I call it inheritance You should see the rest of the "collection". Thank goodness he's a one man shop. I can't imagine what he would have if he actually had to share his toys!

Mrs. Seat Down
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X