Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
You asked for it - free calendar Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: You asked for it - free calendar

    I work in Atlanta and Finish Basements. I dont do a whole lot of plumbing but the only tools I use are all Ridgid! I love them. The few days i actually do plumbing on my jobsite it is tapping into the existing line of the house to supply water to the new bathroom! I have to say if it wasnt for the Ridgid close quarters tubing cutters I would be S.O.L becuase alot of the times the pipes are up in the floor joist from the floor above and there is usually not enough room to get the standard size Ridgid pipe cutter. Thanks for all the great tools!


    Ryan
    RYan Varga

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: You asked for it - free calendar

      Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
      Are you guys kidding me? You're "jumpimg through hoops" for a Ridgid calender? Show some self respect.
      I can't help myself. Free stuff gets me all tingly. I'm so weak.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: You asked for it - free calendar

        i have seen the 2007-2008 calendar and it is very nice.. trust me

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: You asked for it - free calendar

          I think my best story is the one where I pulled the cat out of a 4" main line?
          I pulled what i thought was a head of a rat out. On my 2nd pass down the 4" main I pulled the body of a cat out. The K-7500 is really hard on cat`s....lmao
          Being I do sewer work all day long and everything I use is Ridgid it`s hard to come up with a story where Ridgid save the day as it does that every day. From my pipe wrench, seesnake to my K-7500, they are what make me my living and save every day

          See for yourself


          The K-7500 is a BAD BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!


          it even works well on those roof vents


          Now all that should get me in the running for a free calendar
          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 03-14-2007, 12:15 PM.
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: You asked for it - free calendar

            In the running? Is this a competition??

            I thought we were all getting one.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: You asked for it - free calendar

              If it was ten years ago and this forum was offering this then I would have written for 3hours at the chance of getting ridgids calendar.I used to pound the local supply house for one.Matter of fact I remember that red bikini brunette.

              Now it is kind of the same feeling I have when my girlfriend wants to go to the beach on my only day off after I've been working in 100 degree sun with no shade for 14 days straight.

              When I'm away from work I want to think about non work.

              Josh,I want to thank you,ridgid and this excellent forum.

              I am a plumber and ridgid is my main go to tool
              Last edited by drtyhands; 03-15-2007, 10:28 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: You asked for it - free calendar

                Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
                In the running? Is this a competition??

                I thought we were all getting one.

                No, He changed the rules as they only had one calendar left
                so now it`s a competition for the last one
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: You asked for it - free calendar

                  josh


                  how many calanders do you have to give out to your very loyal plumbers and non-plumbers?


                  i hope i get one as it was my thread that started it all.


                  i love rigid tools.


                  fastplumber out.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: You asked for it - free calendar

                    There isn't a limit on the number of calenders I will give out. Only a time limit. Submissions are due by the end of this month. Only a couple weeks left. Every reasonable submission gets one.

                    Josh

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: You asked for it - free calendar

                      Ok everyone. only 2 days left on this giveaway. Just a reminder.

                      Josh

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: You asked for it - free calendar

                        This one is about a free Ridgid, well sort of. I was getting married in 1991 and my brother through a bachelor party for me. Friday night it started to snow, that weekend we ended up getting 38" of snow. Two days of snow blowing and shoveling, and hung over big time. Sunday comes around and I had to finish the front, thanks to a snow plow, too tired to use a shovel, so I fired up the snow blower to punch out the snow bank. Bang, the machine freezes up, oh no that didn't sound good. Went and looked at the auger and inside it was a 24" pipe wrench (Ridgid), pulled it out, threw the pipe wrench as hard as I could through it. Pissed me off, my auger was all bent up(I don't use shearing pins, I use bolts). So I finished the snowbank by shovel and fixed the auger 3 weeks later. Didn't give any thoughts to the pipe wrench. Next spring took the dog for a play run out in the field and the dog was sniffing something, went over to him and there was the pipe wrench, a little rusty but not bad. Picked it up and cleaned it up. No color left on the wrench but it works just fine. I'm guessing the true color for this pipe wrench was grey, I could not find even a smidgen of red. I'm not a plumber but I do some plumbing, so I have used this wrench at least 30 times, so thats my free wrench...
                        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

                        http://www.contractorspub.com

                        A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: You asked for it - free calendar

                          Originally posted by garager View Post
                          This one is about a free Ridgid, well sort of. I was getting married in 1991 and my brother through a bachelor party for me. Friday night it started to snow, that weekend we ended up getting 38" of snow. Two days of snow blowing and shoveling, and hung over big time. Sunday comes around and I had to finish the front, thanks to a snow plow, too tired to use a shovel, so I fired up the snow blower to punch out the snow bank. Bang, the machine freezes up, oh no that didn't sound good. Went and looked at the auger and inside it was a 24" pipe wrench (Ridgid), pulled it out, threw the pipe wrench as hard as I could through it. Pissed me off, my auger was all bent up(I don't use shearing pins, I use bolts). So I finished the snowbank by shovel and fixed the auger 3 weeks later. Didn't give any thoughts to the pipe wrench. Next spring took the dog for a play run out in the field and the dog was sniffing something, went over to him and there was the pipe wrench, a little rusty but not bad. Picked it up and cleaned it up. No color left on the wrench but it works just fine. I'm guessing the true color for this pipe wrench was grey, I could not find even a smidgen of red. I'm not a plumber but I do some plumbing, so I have used this wrench at least 30 times, so thats my free wrench...
                          If Ridgid is giving out calenders, don't give one to this guy, give it to a plumber, you know, the guys who built this company.
                          the dog

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: You asked for it - free calendar

                            everyone that buys a rigdid tool has built "the company". now he may have a free wrench but he did pay over $450 for that ts3650 in his shop
                            9/11/01, never forget.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: You asked for it - free calendar

                              Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                              If Ridgid is giving out calenders, don't give one to this guy, give it to a plumber, you know, the guys who built this company.
                              Yo Dog, get back under the porch! Completely uncalled for barking!
                              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: You asked for it - free calendar

                                This one is for all the non plumbers in the house.

                                I was doing a counter-top tear out and the sink got jostled a little bit. The drain pipe disintegrated practically and I had no choice but to try my hand at replacing it. I had bought a bucket of random tools from a friend of mine and vaguely remembered a pipe wrench in there..it is a ridgid.

                                (Now, just for fun I am going to make up the name of every fitting I bought and installed, and I will never say them correctly no matter who it bothers.)

                                I got the cylinder and rubber bands all tightened and in proper position via the hardware store clerks instruction, but when I tried the drain in the sink the NEXT tightener nut in line started leaking. I went back and got more rubberbands and hollow water channeling, and you know what happened next...the next joint in line started leaking.

                                (Here is the part that will make up for pissing off the plumbers with this story)

                                Since the joint after the leaking one was somewhere in the wall I went and told the customer to call a fricking plumber since none of this was in the contract OR my fault to begin with. She did and everybody got paid. I'm sure if he was worth his salt he had all ridgid wrenches too.

                                The end.
                                A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X