You asked for it - free calendar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You asked for it - free calendar

i bought a Ridgid pipe cutter last week at HD, so I could replace my parents' outdoor faucet with a new frost-free sillcock version.

I took the initiative because the "guys who built this company" charge an arm and a leg.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
      This one is for all the non plumbers in the house.

I was doing a counter-top tear out and the sink got jostled a little bit. The drain pipe disintegrated practically and I had no choice but to try my hand at replacing it. I had bought a bucket of random tools from a friend of mine and vaguely remembered a pipe wrench in there..it is a ridgid.

(Now, just for fun I am going to make up the name of every fitting I bought and installed, and I will never say them correctly no matter who it bothers.)

I got the cylinder and rubber bands all tightened and in proper position via the hardware store clerks instruction, but when I tried the drain in the sink the NEXT tightener nut in line started leaking. I went back and got more rubberbands and hollow water channeling, and you know what happened next...the next joint in line started leaking.

(Here is the part that will make up for pissing off the plumbers with this story)

Since the joint after the leaking one was somewhere in the wall I went and told the customer to call a fricking plumber since none of this was in the contract OR my fault to begin with. She did and everybody got paid. I'm sure if he was worth his salt he had all ridgid wrenches too.

The end.
      ROTFLMAOPMP
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Got my calendar today!!!!!! Thank You,Josh!
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

mrs. seat down/ joey got hers today too. she just doesn't know it yet

hope you put the boys in "speedos" for her

i already have the calendar.

thank's josh for this and all future promotions

next promotion, win rick's tools

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Got mine today
            thanks Josh
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-14-2007, 03:51 PM.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench View Post
              i bought a Ridgid pipe cutter last week at HD, so I could replace my parents' outdoor faucet with a new frost-free sillcock version.

I took the initiative because the "guys who built this company" charge an arm and a leg.
              It was most likely a "tubing cutter". But, what do us plumbers know. Well, we know what we bought.
              the dog

Comment

That statement may seem a little arrogant to you but consider I have spent a couple of hundred thousand dollars over the last 30+ years on Ridgid tools. I for one can tell with my eyes closed when I am holding a Ridgid tool just by the feel, balance and quality of the tool.

Today Ridgid is co-mingling their quality built industrial tools we have gotten use to with lesser quality tools which are meant for do-it-yourselfers at best. To me this cheapens the entire line but what really concerns me is when I see the line between the two qualities blurring. I understand it is all about the bottom line. However, Ridgid spent their first 85 years building a legend, I wonder where they will be 85 years from now.

Mark
                Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-14-2007, 10:11 PM.
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

mark sadly i hear but it isn't just ridgid any more, it is almost as if any company that does not have it's "founders" still on board then with in a few years they find ways to cheapen the product with little to no sight toward the future.
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Mine arived to day,
                    Thank you Josh and Ridge tool Company,
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      That statement may seem a little arrogant to you but consider I have spent a couple of hundred thousand dollars over the last 30+ years on Ridgid tools. I for one can tell with my eyes closed when I am holding a Ridgid tool just by the feel, balance and quality of the tool.

Today Ridgid is co-mingling their quality built industrial tools we have gotten use to with lesser quality tools which are meant for do-it-yourselfers at best. To me this cheapens the entire line but what really concerns me is when I see the line between the two qualities blurring. I understand it is all about the bottom line. However, Ridgid spent their first 85 years building a legend, I wonder where they will be 85 years from now.

Mark
                      It was just some good nature ribbing. Plumbers are valuable, as are their tools. I probably spent more than a hack should on a pipe cutter, but the "made in USA" piqued my interest.

Plumbers are like tools in a way. In this area, there are some pretty bad ones, and you get what you pay for. There are several who are always booked and are replete with a fine reputation, and the results show that. Yet people still seem to give the garbage plumbers money.

You guys here are obviously dedicated and take great pride in your work, which is laudable, as is apparent by your posting here. You like to keep up with technology and share your experiences.

I was just joking around, all I did was sweat a couple pipes and replace an outdoor sillcock.

Comment

It was just some good nature ribbing. Plumbers are valuable, as are their tools. I probably spent more than a hack should on a pipe cutter, but the "made in USA" piqued my interest.

Plumbers are like tools in a way. In this area, there are some pretty bad ones, and you get what you pay for. There are several who are always booked and are replete with a fine reputation, and the results show that. Yet people still seem to give the garbage plumbers money.

You guys here are obviously dedicated and take great pride in your work, which is laudable, as is apparent by your posting here. You like to keep up with technology and share your experiences.

I was just joking around, all I did was sweat a couple pipes and replace an outdoor sillcock.
                        Thanks Cheeky,

I was almost going to flush my morals and call up one of the many hack shops and go back and try to do the s#!++iest plumbing that would make the owner of the company the most amount of money,because in this area that is what they want.

And thanks to all the others on this forum who help the internet world understand how much energy,schooling and sacrifice it takes a plumber to give their customers a safe and lasting system.It has been stated so many times on this forum,there are people who can throw pipe together 92%,and then ther are those 8% who are truely consciensious plumbers who understand the full scope of the trade.

What color do you guys think I should paint my new soap box

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          Thanks Cheeky,

I was almost going to flush my morals and call up one of the many hack shops and go back and try to do the s#!++iest plumbing that would make the owner of the company the most amount of money,because in this area that is what they want.

And thanks to all the others on this forum who help the internet world understand how much energy,schooling and sacrifice it takes a plumber to give their customers a safe and lasting system.It has been stated so many times on this forum,there are people who can throw pipe together 92%,and then ther are those 8% who are truely consciensious plumbers who understand the full scope of the trade.

What color do you guys think I should paint my new soap box

Adam

I'm not sure why but in my head I see you having a bright PINK soap box.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            I'm not sure why but in my head I see you having a bright PINK soap box.

Mark
                            I can't wait for the show in June,this is going to be great

Comment

Hey got my calender today too Josh, thanks!

Comment

why? i was following orders to jet-clean a residential main line due to a clogg and a sewage smell. i cleared it and jetted it a little extra to be thorough. seemed like i was finished...
                                two days later a recall. i cleared it a second time by snake but, my gut told me the problem was not solved.

how? RIGID MINI SEE SNAKE AND NAVITRACK SCOUT. this tool setup answered most of my questions about the problem.

what?:the color video revealed sitting water, debris/hard material about 35ft. from cleanout. i knew this area had to be located.

where? i confidently traced the sewerpipe via the camera/sonde. reading the depth and pinpointing problems is simple with the NAVITRACK SCOUT.

with the inspection, i was able to formulate my solution without guessing. i was authorized to execute the repair my way. just needed to be dug up and cut where the RIGID wet/dry vacuum could extract the material in the pipe.

Because of this experience i have learned to check my work using the RIGID camera and location system.

Comment

Working...
                                X