Can Home Depot Get Worse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Home Depot Get Worse

So I'm sitting here at home waiting for a project to start,and a friend asks me if I want to go and install a simplest of simple shower valve for him."Sure no problem,love to get out of the house and meet a nice homeowner,thanks for the bone".

Very nice lady greets me at the door,leads me to the bath,and presents me with the device.Tile guy did all the demo,so it was already bare studs.Bang Bang back home in 2hrs.Should have known better.

Rolled out my tarps,pre-cut stabalizing blocks,and one trip in to the bath shutting off the water on the way.Maybe be home in 1.5hrs. That's with removing 70's track-hacks J-hooks and restrapping.Should have known better.

The reason I didn't recognise the shower valve body today is because it was a diverter.

There it is again,THE MISSUS WID DA DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS LOOK."My husband said this was a no brainer."

All they wanted was a single handle shower valve and a shower head with a hose on it.

I explained to her that her husband was correct.She gave me her invoice from depot.I called them at place of purchase.

The Depot sold them a rubbed bronze trimmed diverter to be installed above their 30 year old chrome price pfister double handle shower valve.

THE KITCHEN AND BATH SALESPERSON did not even consider the homeowner for one second.

It took me more time to figure this lame person and explain to doe eyes than to do the job, 2hrs.

NO WAY TO CHARGE, THANK YOU HOME DEPOT.

BTW:H/D thank you also for giving me the chance to look good at your expense
    Last edited by drtyhands; 03-14-2007, 04:48 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Can Home Depot Get Worse

Man do I feel for ya, bummer you had to go through that, been there did that, simple jobs only happens once in a while.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Nah,shoot,a few hours ago I was pissed about wasting a couple of hours.Hey no problem,I met some good people

I just want the community to be aware.

Comment

Sorry guys... I just don't understand what happened here.

drtyhands... I read it twice, but don't get what went wrong.

Did they sell her the diverter with the expectation that she'd leave the taps on and use the diverter to turn the flow on and off?

Comment

Wild weasle,

Yes.

Sorry about that,had to go out for a while.

Her husband went to the h/d to get a single handle shower valve and a shower head with a hose integrated into the shower head assembly.

He thought he would utilize the bed and bath salesperson to get the best for his needs.

It is obviuos the salesperson powered through the conversation about the customers needs.

Why would the salespersons customer need a diverter and a shower head with another diverter and hose.

There is a good possibility of communication breakdown.But the representative should inquired.
          Last edited by drtyhands; 03-14-2007, 09:31 PM. Reason: add

Comment

drtyhands,

I'm not sure I understand you complaint. Let me make this clear, Home Depot is the bottom feeder of construction, I agree with you on that. But, these home owners wanted their plumbing altered. Did they call a plumber? No, they figured they would save some money by buying the parts themselves at Home Depot. So away they go to their local store, explain what they want to the minimum-wage-earning teenager who knows nothing about plumbing. He proceeds to sell them on the wrong parts, which I doubt he did on purpose, because, like me at that age, he was more worried about what party he's going to that night, and doesn't work on commision anyway.

So they ended up buying parts they didn't need. So........ Maybe they should have called in a pro to begin with.

Now you as a contractor come in taking on a job without providing material? Bad move dude. Never take on projects without providing material.

End result, Home Depot doesn't know what their doing. I think everyone on this forum knows that.
            the dog

Comment

YUP,

The people on this forum do know.I'm sure some of the newer visitors dont.

A tiny little shower remodel such as this one the homeowner feels confident picking out their own fixtures.

Thanks for the pop,the harmonic sound of the crickets was putting me to sleep

Is this kind of lull normal for the plumbing section of this forum.I mean I understand why the wood keeps pumping.

You guys have a good flow,did I freak the Canadians out,doesn't seam like they are posting as much

I know my posting could use some refining.Hope its not to disruptive.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                YUP,

The people on this forum do know.I'm sure some of the newer visitors dont.

A tiny little shower remodel such as this one the homeowner feels confident picking out their own fixtures.

Thanks for the pop,the harmonic sound of the crickets was putting me to sleep

Is this kind of lull normal for the plumbing section of this forum.I mean I understand why the wood keeps pumping.

You guys have a good flow,did I freak the Canadians out,doesn't seam like they are posting as much

I know my posting could use some refining.Hope its not to disruptive.

You're a plumbing contractor in California and you are looking for pop and sizzle.

OK.
                the dog

Comment

Hey dog happy friday,

Goin' to H/D anything I can pick up for ya?

Better yet I'll stop and pick you up
                  Last edited by drtyhands; 03-16-2007, 09:17 PM. Reason: alter

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post

Let me make this clear, Home Depot is the bottom feeder of construction, I agree with you on that. But, these home owners wanted their plumbing altered. Did they call a plumber? No, they figured they would save some money by buying the parts themselves at Home Depot. So away they go to their local store, explain what they want to the minimum-wage-earning teenager who knows nothing about plumbing. He proceeds to sell them on the wrong parts, which I doubt he did on purpose, because, like me at that age, he was more worried about what party he's going to that night, and doesn't work on commision anyway.

So they ended up buying parts they didn't need. So........ Maybe they should have called in a pro to begin with.

Now you as a contractor come in taking on a job without providing material? Bad move dude. Never take on projects without providing material.

End result, Home Depot doesn't know what their doing. I think everyone on this forum knows that.

Wow,
                    Can I have your permission to post this "everywhere".
                    http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by onlycordless View Post
                      Wow,
                      Can I have your permission to post this "everywhere".
                      Yes you can. I would encourage it.

Don't understand your point. Keep in mind I'm a simple guy. Are you saying I'm afraid of my opinion being viewed? I don't think I would post it on the WORLD WIDE INTERNET if I was afraid. I don't know where you live, don't care, but I live in the United States where we have a thing called the Constitution. It gives me and any other citizens the right to give opinions. I gave mine publicly, feel free to post it, quote it, cricise it, downgrade me for it, hell, publish it.

What's your point?
                      Last edited by plumbdog10; 03-16-2007, 09:42 PM.
                      the dog

Comment

plumbing staff and plumbing parts aside, try to find straight wood. every time i am asked if i found everthing i was looking for i say no. then they ask what i was looking for i say straight wood, standerd answer "oh."

sorry for my spelling

fastplumber out.

Comment

Originally posted by fastplumber View Post
                          plumbing staff and plumbing parts aside, try to find straight wood. every time i am asked if i found everthing i was looking for i say no. then they ask what i was looking for i say straight wood, standerd answer "oh."

sorry for my spelling

fastplumber out.
                          I agree. Try to find decent redwood at Home Sucko. My spelling is very poor, and I have no excuses because I majored in English in college. I wish I knew how to use spell check on these posts.
                          the dog

Comment

Haha... onlycordless must not know you that well yet dog

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                            Keep in mind I'm a simple guy. Are you saying I'm afraid of my opinion being viewed? I don't think I would post it on the WORLD WIDE INTERNET if I was afraid. I don't know where you live, don't care, but I live in the United States where we have a thing called the Constitution. It gives me and any other citizens the right to give opinions. I gave mine publicly, feel free to post it, quote it, cricise it, downgrade me for it, hell, publish it.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              Haha... onlycordless must not know you that well yet dog
                              Josh,

You know me, probably more than anyone on this forum, but I re-read
                              onlycordless's post, I'm not sure what he meant. It may have been a compliment, as in he agreed.

onlycordless, what did you mean?
                              the dog

Comment

Working...
                              X