Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP holder flushed in the toilet

Hello,
    I am new to the forum. I was searching for some info on a Ridgid joiner and stumbled upon this forum.
    My daughter accidentally dropped a toilet paper holder down the toilet while it was flushing. Ever since then, the toilet is not flushing well. Is there anything that I can do before calling a plumber?

WELL YOUR NOT THE FIRST ONE TO DROP A SPRING LOADED ROLLER. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT IT SHOULD STILL BE IN THE TRAP OF THE TOILET. THE BAD NEWS IS, YOU'LL HAVE TO PULLTHE TOILET TO REMOVE IT. IF YOU TRY A CLOSET AUGER YOU'LL PROBABLE HAVE THE PART SEPARATE INTO 2 ROLLERS AND A SPRING. DEPENDING ON THE REST OF YOUR SYSTEM IT MIGHT MAKE IT OUT TO THE CITY MAIN. OR OT MIGHT GO DOWNSTREAM AND PLUG UP MORE THAN THE TOILET. THE ROLLER SHOUD BE LODGED IN THE HORN OF THE BOWL. YOU CAN PROBABLY SEE IT WHEN YOU FLIP OVER THE TOILET.
    PULLING THE TOILET IS PRETTY EASY. HARD PART IS CLEANING UP THE OLD CAULKING AROUND THE BASE. BE SURE TO REPLACE THE 2 BRASS BOLTS ON THE FLANGE. MAKE SURE YOU GET A GOOD SET ON THE BOWLWAX.
    ALSO CHANGE THE WATER FEED LINE IF IT'S OLD AND NOT FLEXABLE.
    BETTER THAN THE CELL PHONE OR PAGER I'VE PULLED OUT OF OTHER TOILETS.
    GOOD LUCK, RICK

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK:
      THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT IT SHOULD STILL BE IN THE TRAP OF THE TOILET. THE BAD NEWS IS, YOU'LL HAVE TO PULL THE TOILET TO REMOVE IT.
      Rick,
      I kind of thought that the toilet may have to be removed. I think I will give it a shot - if I run into difficulties, I can always call a plumber.

Comment

Working...
      X