garden hose with sump pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garden hose with sump pump

I would like to connect a garden hose to my sump pump on a temporary basis. Since this is smaller than the 1 1/2" pipe normally used, is there any risk of damaging the sump pump? I need to do this for a couple of months.
    I have the fittings all ready to do this, but I thought it would be prudent to ask here first.
    Dave

Re: garden hose with sump pump

depending on the size of the pump, gpm. the hose will not allow as much gpm and will create a head loss.

as long as you don't expect it to keep up with the original installation in gpm or total head, it will pump. try to use a 3/4'' id hose.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Can you run temporary 1-1/2" pvc line? If not, depending on the pump, you could add excessive wear if you chock the line down that much.
      the dog

Comment

Buy some of the flexible 1-1/2" hose sold for pool pumps. Then you don't have to worry about it.

Buckeyetech

Comment

Due to the good advice I recieved here I went with plan B. I used 1 1/4" flexible sump pump discharge hose and everything is fine and I don't have to worry about some of the issues mentioned here.

Thanks again.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X