X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Heater Placement in Los Angeles

Does anyone know how far a water heater needs to be away from a window in Los Angeles if I build an exterior enclosure for the heater? I am looking to have the water heater be enclosed outside of my house. There is a kitchen window a few feet away from where the enclosure would be...what is the exact distance a heater has to be from the window? Thanks!!

Re: Water Heater Placement in Los Angeles

What kind of water heater,standard,power vent,tankless?

Comment

I was thinking a 75 - 100 gallon gas water heater (tank) with recirculating pumps.

Comment

2003 upc requires mechanical vent termination to be 4 feet from below or to the side of door window etc.,or 12"above the same.

Comment

you may have already considered,but if not,you should think about putting your pumps on timers & thermoswitches.make sure you return lines are 3/4"

Comment

city of l.a. doesn't allow heater sheds in the side yard. you need a room or a tankless. also the vent has to be above the roof line by 1 foot on a normal slope roof. if the windows don't open, they are treated like a wall. if they open you need to be 4' ? above.

i'm winging the exact #. need to check the code book for sure. but the rest is good.

do i know you neighbor 1 of 4 million

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I really need to get updated L.A. addendums for upc.

Does anyone know excactly what is going to happen in L.A.(2008) as far as uniform plumbing code,california plumbing code witch will be based on upc,then L.A. will obviously have addendums.I'm stuck,I don't want to waste money on a 2006 when there could be so many additions when they innitiate in 2008.

I'm good on 2003 litturature.Excluding L.A. addendums.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                I really need to get updated L.A. addendums for upc.

Does anyone know excactly what is going to happen in L.A.(2008) as far as uniform plumbing code,california plumbing code witch will be based on upc,then L.A. will obviously have addendums.I'm stuck,I don't want to waste money on a 2006 when there could be so many additions when they innitiate in 2008.

I'm good on 2003 litturature.Excluding L.A. addendums.

mark? this is your field
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  city of l.a. doesn't allow heater sheds in the side yard. you need a room or a tankless. also the vent has to be above the roof line by 1 foot on a normal slope roof. if the windows don't open, they are treated like a wall. if they open you need to be 4' ? above.

i'm winging the exact #. need to check the code book for sure. but the rest is good.

do i know you neighbor 1 of 4 million

rick.
                  Rick,you just reminded me of something,upc requires vent termination to be a minimum of 4' from any vertical surface.So maybe thats why some districts don't allow them.

Comment

Working...
                  X