X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Float?

We got a ridgid 1/2 hp pump in September of 2006 and the float now comes off from the bottom - like there's some piece missing holding it on. I found out after a heavy melt yesterday as the pump just ran as the float had slipped off and whatever was holding it on was missing. I'm not even sure what I'm looking for but I put a bunch of duct tape wrapped to the bottom and snipped to hold it on and it still slides.

My questions:

1. Can I get a new a float and not have to replace the pump - I'm assuming yes but where? The Ridgid site doesn't list parts.

2. Why would it break and what's the piece? Seems odd it just came off? I don't think the sump has ran that many times to make it over used?
    Last edited by agentfive; 04-07-2007, 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling issues...

Re: Replacement Float?

Welcome agentfive,
    sump pumps not my line,neither is typing,you made a good choice stopping in.The boy's should be rolling in shortly.

Comment

I'll try to get tech services to take a look at this thread on monday. I cant tell ya the answer.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by agentfive View Post
        We got a ridgid 1/2 hp pump in September of 2006 and the float now comes off from the bottom - like there's some piece missing holding it on. I found out after a heavy melt yesterday as the pump just ran as the float had slipped off and whatever was holding it on was missing. I'm not even sure what I'm looking for but I put a bunch of duct tape wrapped to the bottom and snipped to hold it on and it still slides.

My questions:

1. Can I get a new a float and not have to replace the pump - I'm assuming yes but where? The Ridgid site doesn't list parts.

2. Why would it break and what's the piece? Seems odd it just came off? I don't think the sump has ran that many times to make it over used?
        Agent 5,

There has probably been about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 posts on Ridgid sump pumps and sump pumps in general. If you use the search feature on the top of the page you may find what you are looking for.
        the dog

Comment

There should be a small rubber piece at the bottom of the float rod that attaches to the base of the pump and then will have a hole that th efloat rod goes through. This holds the rod in place and keeps the float inline. You will want to look at that as well as the float rod. Look at the float rod and make sure it has the bulb on the bottom, This holds it in the rubber piece. The problem may be one or both of these pieces.

Floats are available.
          HArd to say what caused this to happen, May be a simple push the rod back in.

link to parts..http://buy.ridgidparts.com/cgi-bin/r...596&image=Pipe

Comment

Working...
          X