X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinetic water ram

Anyone tried one of those kinetic water rams by General? Looks good on paper but anyone can write something down.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Kinetic water ram

ridgid bashing on a k-40

now it's general bashing on a kinetic water ram.

buy mine if you want to get "sh1t" on you.

on certain installations it might work as it advertises

on most jobs, it will just piss you off and piss on you

i'll make you a package deal.

a k-40 and a water ram. 2 for 1

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

like rick said depends on the application i really like mine i work in 100 yr old dumps with bell traps and drum traps and for those bathtubs i swear by this product i would never use it on a sink or urinal thats what drill augers are for but everyone has their opinions on the water rams

Comment

Are we talking about the one where you put the soda chargers into this gun like tool and place it over the sink outlet that shoots compressed air down the blocked drain or the other one that looks like a tyre pump that you pump up then release the compressed air down the blocked drain well I have to agree with Rick I have a K40 as well and every time I look at them I cry Welcome to this mad house MG Plumbing

Tony
        PS
        Ridgid why are 7/8"inncore cables unavaible

Comment

read it and weep

Kinetic Water Ram General Pipe Cleaners

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Tony, youre thinking of something similar. Looked good and the principle had merit but the delivery, as Rick has already stated, is generally all over you. I remeber blowing a urinal trap in a multi-storey building all over the place, mainly me. I have seen some guys build their own out of large copper tube with a schroder valve installed to charge them. Release is by a lever ball vave which is not as instant as the otehrs but never had one so dont know anymore. I cant even pay someone to take this piece of crap.

Comment

I will buy one for the right price PM Me ... :-)

Comment

I been using a water ram for years, my father longer than I have and his father as well. My dad taught me the proper way to use the water ram. Can it make a mess, oh yes if you do not ensure you have a proper seal, over pressure the ram, and not careful about back to back fixtures, or double sinks. It works great on all sorts of drains, even back to back as long as you have a helper to keep the other drain blocked off tight. Another tool to get your hands on is a Ro-Pump by Rothenberger, or an Allan J Coleman Force Pump. These work great pulling back debris from sinks, and tubs. On water closets, you fill the Ro-Pump/Force Pump with water, make a seal and push
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

The Water Ram is a tool I have wanted for some time just to see if it works or not. Seems like a gimmick to me, but some praise it like it's a wonder tool. How is it much different than a good job with a plunger?
                  Will Rogers Plumbing
                  Moore, Oklahoma
                  (
                  405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                  http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

if you want an inexpensive knock off of the ro-pump, that actually works, then try this $7.00 knock off from harbor freight.

i've used it and it works very good. unlike the kinetic water ram that has the potential to make a mess as you have no stopping the blast once you pull the trigger, this power plunger allows you to stop and go as needed.

i can tell you from personal experience that this plunger really sucks

Power Plunger

read the 2 extremely different reviews and who are you going to believe.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      if you want an inexpensive knock off of the ro-pump, that actually works, then try this $7.00 knock off from harbor freight.

i've used it and it works very good. unlike the kinetic water ram that has the potential to make a mess as you have no stopping the blast once you pull the trigger, this power plunger allows you to stop and go as needed.

i can tell you from personal experience that this plunger really sucks

Power Plunger

read the 2 extremely different reviews and who are you going to believe.

rick.

Comment

I have a water ram sitting in the garage, I go through phases where I think it will save me time then I use it one time with a bad seal against a kitchen sink and blow dirty sink water EVERYWHERE....

At which point i put it away... It has been put away for almost a year now and I have not been the worse for it.

Save your $$$ (I think the kit i bought was close to $300) and buy a couple of GOOD plungers and your drill gun of choice or a few sections of 5/8 OW for the K50

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Anyone tried one of those kinetic water rams by General? Looks good on paper but anyone can write something down.

I've had a Kinetic water ram for about 25 years. It's opened some drains for me I couldn't get with a snake. (thankfully)

I've had it not open drains that a snake got easily.

I've had them blow traps, and continuous wastes off.

I've had them blow urine from a urinal all over me, and toilet stuff....

I've had it open urinals, toilets, floor drains, lavs.

With experience it becomes less of a crap shoot. (Are the traps corroded, etc.)

These days I carry the R0-pump and a snake on the truck. The water ram sits in the garage on a shelf. I have used the water ram to shoot a 3/4" cap over the roof of a house with fish line attached to it. (To be able to pull a stronger rope behind it)
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I worked for a couple companies that did a lot of very busy restaurants Mcdonalds and burger kings.. I'm a great plumber... but a terrible drain pipe clear-er I do my best to stay away from stoppages. but I'd get stuck going out to urinals. I would have to take the urinal off the wall ( never could get through the trap with any snake on my trucks including a Ridgid urinal auger) but you take the urinal filled to the top of the rim with yucky pus and try to pour it down the floor drain.. then kneel in front of the hole in the wall with a drill type snake that is spraying pee all over my face.....( bad knees so I kneel in front of the pipe in the wall... yes kneel in the puddle of pee and pus that dripped out of the urinal when I break the seal from the wall..... I bought the kinetic ram myself for the companies truck..... sometimes it would make a perfect perfect perfect seal..just find the right end.. and clear the urinal with no mess and I was done in less than a minute and happy... most other times I did not get a good seal and the pee pus soup went all over me and the ceiling and everyplace.... I was soaked to the bone... but it would always clear the urinal and it still beats pulling that urinal off the wall.... so it does work!... but now that I work for myself I just tell customers to call a drain service or I call the drain service for them.

Comment

I had one when I worked for my ol' man. I loved it, gonna buy one myself. I only use it on tubs and showers. Works great for that application. Quick and easy. I learned my lesson not to use it on urinals (spray) or sinks (tubular waste blows off). For urinals I use Clobber, works good and I don't have to pull the urinal off the wall. Urinal clogs are just crystallized urine build up. Sulfuric acid takes care of that real good.
                              Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                              Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                              X