X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Take me out to the ballgame"

went to my first this season, ucla baseball game tonight. ucla playing pepperdine.

4th. inning went to get a "bruin dog" from the snack bar and it was closed

i was surprised that it closed so early in the game. the usher said that the snack bar and bathrooms had a plumbing problem

of course i needed to know more turns out they had a stoppage that was overflowing the floor drains. i mentioned that i could look at it and my buddy was coming here soon. well he didn't bring his work truck i found out that part of the sewer was recently changed and this has been an ongoing issue.

i spoke to the head usher and agreeded to come back during the day to camera the line and get to the source of the problem.

not a bad trade. season tickets and parking for a sewer inspection.

maybe i can throw out the first pitch or sing the national anthem the first pitch would be a better idea

will be there tomorrow to take a good look.

rick.

go bruins
    phoebe it is

Re: "Take me out to the ballgame"

Nice trade for your services. Plus you will be able to buy food the next time you go to a game.

Josh

Comment

i can even take you to the game while in town

are you still out of town? pretty late for you

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Its 11:11 am here in Belgium.

Comment

well let us know what it was

i some thing like that but they were to cheep to give me a free pass for a year . the town pool had a problem with an old cast iron hub leaking and it was at night and they called 2 plumbers that did not know how to fix a poured joint . so i said i have the stuff at home and i asked the township manager if i can get a family pass for the year he said no .so i said i cant help . the pool was down for a couple days and they paid out the a$$ to get it fixed . and all it should have cost was a pass for 4 for a year
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Rick,

You really need to learn to relax. I'm telling you as a buddy. You can't fix the world's plumbing problems. Go to the game, drink more beer.
            the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
              Rick,

You really need to learn to relax. I'm telling you as a buddy. You can't fix the world's plumbing problems. Go to the game, drink more beer.
              dog, i was relaxing and the i went to the snack bar at the 4th. inning.

closed due to plumbing stoppage

anyways, i showed up like i said and found the problem.

it's been an issue for the last 8 years i've been told.

all 4'' no hub pipe. 53' in from 3rd. cleanout was an offset joint approx. 50% offset. fortunatly it was a cascading/ water fall type offset. plumber told me that night it was approx. 60'. not bad for his guess.

bad news it's under the only concrete walkway around and next to a large underground electrical vault. 3'11'' deep.

any volunteers? that might get me free dogs and coke for the year

tomorrow nights game is cal state northridge at ucla. bring your boots and a shovel game time 6pm.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

I think its funny the Rick is relaxing just minding his own business and BAMM! theres a plumbing job right in front of him and he acts on it.

Me? I just would have said "gee that's too bad" and walked away.

Now he's breaking concrete and digging next to electrical vault . Is a Bruin Dog that good?

Comment

didn't say i was doing the repair, but i did mention if you come to the game to bring your boots and a shovel

looking outside this morning, you might also bring a raincoat

didn't mind doing a good deed with my camera, but i'm not crazy i don't dig for free

still confused

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    didn't say i was doing the repair, but i did mention if you come to the game to bring your boots and a shovel

looking outside this morning, you might also bring a raincoat

didn't mind doing a good deed with my camera, but i'm not crazy i don't dig for free

still confused

rick.
                    Rick,

You are the Godfather of this forum, but you are disturbed. Learn to relax, buddy. I'm becoming worried about you.
                    the dog

Comment

Rick,

You are the Godfather of this forum, but you are disturbed. Learn to relax, buddy. I'm becoming worried about you.
                      godfather i'm not italian

relaxing for me is work. i enjoy my work. it's something i've done since i was 12.5 years old. i'm now 44 and still going strong.

i'll make you a deal. you come out to the trade show, and i'll treat you to a round of golf a few days before. that's a fun way to relax.

i think josh is up for this. mark, dirty, dog, do you play?

got to go, joey's hungry and it's date night

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Although I've only played once or twice,I think I could get that little in the hole 18 times,how does 150 strokes sound

Love to.

You guy's should get a few laughs

Comment

Rick,

Gee I don't know that my playing is par with yours and I don't want to slow you down. My parents golfed 7-days a week since I was a kid and thus I have a handicap of 4.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            Rick,

Gee I don't know that my playing is par with yours and I don't want to slow you down. My parents golfed 7-days a week since I was a kid and thus I have a handicap of 4.

Mark

i guess i'll have to give you some strokes then

that should make 4 of us. dog, you in

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              i guess i'll have to give you some strokes then

that should make 4 of us. dog, you in

rick.
                              I wonder if he feels he won't be able to resist the temptation to chase the balls and run off with-em

Comment

Working...
                              X