Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix 'n match? Or, what goes with what?

Hello,

I have two Ridgid pipe threaders, but I'm not a plumber and I'm lucky just to know they ARE pipe threaders. However, they also have a bunch of bits and pieces that go with them and I don't know if they can go with either one, or if they belong with a particular model, or what.

Would any of you be able to help me? I have pics below. The two models I have are the Ridgid 200 and the Ridgid 300 pipe threaders. The rest...I've no clue what the various parts are, or what they really do, or what they go with. I could use a lot of help there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ridgid 300

Ridgid 200

Very many thanks for anyone who can help me! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Congratulations. You are fully set up to cut and thread 1/2 inch through two inch galvanized and black iron pipe. The tool on the left in the first picture is called a reamer and is designed to remove the ridge left on the pipe after using the pipe cutter which is the tool on the far right in the same picture.

One thing I do not see is a pipe stand. Iron pipe comes in 21 ft lengths. You slide the pipe into the rotating vice and use the pull out bars on the vise to rest your tools on. Simply tighten the cutter snug on the pipe and then turn the vise on. The pipe will rotate and all you have to do is tighten the cutter 1/4 turn every revolution of the pipe. If the cutting wheels are dull tighten 1/4 turn every other revolution. You will need a pipe stand to lay the other end of the pipe on.

Since you are unfamiliar with the equipment may I ask what you will be doing with it.

The bottmom two pictures are pipe threaders. They will also rest on the pull out arms of the pipe vice. You will use your oiler, the tub with an oil hose and hand pump attached to keep the pipe well oiled as you cut your threads into it.
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

LAST BUT NOT LEAST IS THE INTERNAL PIPE CUTTER. SECOND FROM BOTTOM. NEXT TO THE THREE THREADERS. IT'S PRIMARY USE IS TO CUT OFF CAST IRON PIPE FROM ABOVE A CLOSET RING. GOOD TOOL TO BUILD YOUR MUSCLES. SET FOR EITHER A 3'' LINE OR A 4'' LINE. NOT INTERCHANGEABLE. CAN CUT TO APPROX. 6'' BELOW THE SURFACE. USUALLY IT'S SET AND USED TO CUT FLUSH WITH THE FLANGE.

Comment

Working...
      X