X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: handyman plumber

OK HVAC HAWK being how you say that you are a plumber or was tell me this.
    No one help the master plumber here, lets see if he gets it

The total distance that water must be pumped, the number of fittings, and the speed at which the water is traveling through the pipe all contribute to:

a. the volume of water available

b. friction loss

c. static pressure

d. the available water source
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post

The total distance that water must be pumped, the number of fittings, and the speed at which the water is traveling through the pipe all contribute to:

b. friction loss

c. static pressure

ACS,don't take this as a negative,but if I changed trades I would probably give my liturature to another person.In order to answer a question such as yours one would have to have been educated through a course or study guide of some type.At this point in time I couldn't answer confidently between the two most likely answers without refering to my illustrated code book.

Are you currently studying for your licence,if so hows it going?

Adam

Comment

OK HAWK I got it, you can p.m. me now

Comment

b. friction loss

c. static pressure

first of all i don't have to prove nothing to you or any one here ,I NEVER TELL SOME ONE TO GET A PRO.

second i am here to help others if i can and not put them down because the do not know how to do something.

third you should try it it may make you feel better.
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

my answer if I understand the question you are asking is B
            did I win

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
              my answer if I understand the question you are asking is B
              did I win
              That's what I'm going to wing it with

But now that the cat's out of the bag while waiting fo the others to check in I'm gonna hit the books.

Shoot, I'll bet wousko gets the answer before I even finish with this post

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                and does it mean that someone that does not have a drivers license does not know how to drive . i was driving dump trucks when i was 13 and did a good job at it to .so if some can be good at doing plumbing needs to have a license to be a pro .
                i bet there are plumbers out there that do have a license and are no ware a pro .i did plumbing for over 10 yrs and never had a license and i can do all types of the trade but i never say I'm a pro . using the word PRO means you cant do no wrong.
                so this site is for all people to ask for help and there is no reason to tell them to get a pro ,try to help them .

all clear,
                please point out in this this post where hawk claims he is or ever was a master plumber?? i am confussed
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

and does it mean that someone that does not have a drivers license does not know how to drive . i was driving dump trucks when i was 13 and did a good job at it to .so if some can be good at doing plumbing needs to have a license to be a pro .
                  i bet there are plumbers out there that do have a license and are no ware a pro .i did plumbing for over 10 yrs and never had a license and i can do all types of the trade but i never say I'm a pro . using the word PRO means you cant do no wrong.
                  so this site is for all people to ask for help and there is no reason to tell them to get a pro ,try to help them .
                  I've done 23 yrs and still learning.

Maybe bye a snake and start asking some real question

Comment

Yes it`s B

Comment

OSC
                      here ya go
                      i did plumbing for over 10 yrs
                      Now if you had done 10 years of plumbing you should have been a master

Hacking plumbing is not doing plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        ACS,don't take this as a negative,but if I changed trades I would probably give my liturature to another person.In order to answer a question such as yours one would have to have been educated through a course or study guide of some type.At this point in time I couldn't answer confidently between the two most likely answers without refering to my illustrated code book.

Are you currently studying for your licence,if so hows it going?

Adam
                        My master plumber lol`s at me when I ask him some of this stuff.

Yes I`m studying for my license. I took my test last week and got 88%. I was kinda bummed but from some of the stories I`v heard I guess that`s not to bad. Next week I go for my Septic License, I was told that I will ace that one???? I`m always learning something new every day
                        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-26-2007, 10:50 PM.

Comment

OSC
                          here ya go

Now if you had done 10 years of plumbing you should have been a master

Hacking plumbing is not doing plumbing
                          ACS,that is not true here in my area,there are countless upon COUNTLESS pipe slappers who have been in the trade well over 10 years and don't even know how to communicate with a plumber through isometric drawings

How does what you say happen in your area?

Comment

Around here we have babysitters (City inspectors) and they look for your truck at a house and stop to see if you are doing something you shouldn't be doing. I get checked on all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              We here in Cali have a lot of handymen advertising not only carpentry to paint, but electrical, plumbing and hvac.

In California one does not need to have a contractor's license if the job is $500.00 or less. That is why we have hundreds of non-licensed turd chasers running around in beat up 1978 Nissons with a fifty year old snake rolling around in the bed. These guys are a detriment to the trade because they don't know anything about plumbing.
                              the dog

Comment

There are many types of people in this world,
                                Some who don't give a #$%^, about anything and do not care, they may have worked thousands and thousands of Hours doing things, and possibly learned enough to pass a test, but could not think a situation out on there own, if there life depended on it. (they may even be able to quote the code book chapter and verse), (some of these type of people hold licences and some do not)

There are those who do care study and learn, and are sharp, and understand the WHY of how things work, and Have common sense, (a rare commodity today), but some have it, and can by instinct seem to know if something is done right or wrong, and can do a good job of many jobs, no they may not know the book line for line, but I bet they know when to seek out the answer, when in doubt. (some of these type of people hold licences and some do not)

yes experience is one of the best teachers out there, but one must pay attention to it to learn from it.

there are licenced HACKS and there are unlicensed PROS, the paper work does not make you a PRO any more than the lack of it makes one a HACK,

(example) I held a Waste water and Water Treatment operators licence, in one state, I studied and worked to learn what I needed to know and to do the job right, went and took the test, passed it, and was licenced.
                                later I was talking to some one and was asked "why did you study", I replied so "I could pass the test and receive the licence to operate the plant where I was employed at", and he said "didn't you know that if you fail the test (three times) they have to give you one any way because you have have one",
                                I later learned that the state had passed a law that All operators had to be licensed, but the licence was handed out even if you never passed the test, only that you took it three times. as that is how the person before me received his licence.

Now I know that is not the way it is in most situations, you have to pass the test, but I also know you can buy or down load sample tests off the net in many trades, and usually take them many times. and you need Hours,

and I have a SIL who is a Journeyman electrician and will be soon taking his masters test, and I have a few other "friends" who are either journeyman or masters, as well,
                                I ask my SIL and he knows WHY you do something, not jsut to do it.
                                and has called the engineers on mistakes and problems,

He THINKS,

MY other "friends", they don't have the foggiest idea why they are doing something, it is either that was the way I was shown or quotes chapter and verse of the book, but the why he has no idea, there is a difference in people.

This young man is coming into a forum that is mostly responded by people in the know, it is not "Aunt Mary's home and garden board",
                                there is no reason to attack him for asking a question, and accusing him of being a HACK for wanting to find out the legalities are for his desires,

IF HE DID NOT CARE and want to do the correct things he would not be asking here.

There is no doubt that he has things yet learn, and I think all of us can say the same thing, and any one who does think they know it all, (I definitely know they have things yet to learn.)

JUST AN OPINION,
                                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                                X