X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: heavy duty digital camera

My daughter took the camera and was snapping pictures. While outside she was able to get off a couple hundred pictures, When she went indoors and the flash was going off nonstop, she only got 50 more pictures before the battery went dead.

The flash is super bright and does suck the life out of the battery. Was enough for me to go and buy a spare battery. It sits in my truck daily and when I do need it it seems to work just fine. I do not noticed the cold effecting it. I checked online as well, and yes they are asking full retail for it. I noticed that the HD I got it at still has it at $109, then HD by me has it for $199, and the one by my mom's has it at $149. No rhyme or reason for their pricing.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by MainDrain View Post
      For $109 that sounds like a good deal and looks durable. I looked them up on the HD website and I think they were near $200.

There are a few of those tools I wouldn't mind using if the price was right.

I'd like to hear back from ya on how the batteries hold up. The Li Ion are well known to not like cold weather...I would say Chicago qualifies. I am too in a cold climate and would buy a couple of these tools but having to bring them in everytime my truck sits idle for a couple hours would be a hassle.

Getting away from cameras for a sec though, Milwaukee has a new RedLithium battery that is supposed to perform well at temps to zero F. I've handled these lightweight tools and they seem pretty nice but if they don't work for a third of the year they'd do me no good so I haven't bought any yet.
      My milwaukee m12 batteries do not like the cold. They simply will not run when they are too cold. I call cold 40 degrees.

Comment

Just used my Milwaukee M12 tubing cutter yesterday that sits out in my van all night, and our temps are below freezing here. never had an issue with it not working.

Comment

Went into the HD to get a new furnace filter and bumped into the Milwaukee/Roybi rep and asked him how come some of the HD's has the DuraShot camera for sale at $109 and others have it at $99, $149, and $129, he said they all should be on sale at the $129, but it doesn't matter since most are sold out. But he did say HD will sell the demo model, so I picked up another one for a whole $60.00 not a bad deal I might say.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            Went into the HD to get a new furnace filter and bumped into the Milwaukee/Roybi rep and asked him how come some of the HD's has the DuraShot camera for sale at $109 and others have it at $99, $149, and $129, he said they all should be on sale at the $129, but it doesn't matter since most are sold out. But he did say HD will sell the demo model, so I picked up another one for a whole $60.00 not a bad deal I might say.
            Hook a brother up.

I just checked today and they are $159 at the HD nearest me...maybe I should check others. I'd be all over that under a $100!

What do you think of the other tools in the line? Do you have the quick charger? From what I understand the regular charger takes like 5 hours.

Comment

Hook a brother up.

I just checked today and they are $159 at the HD nearest me...maybe I should check others. I'd be all over that under a $100!

What do you think of the other tools in the line? Do you have the quick charger? From what I understand the regular charger takes like 5 hours.
              I do have the duel quick charger and got the LED work light. Haven't tried any of their other tools. The demo model did not come with the SD card, or charger, but heck for 60 bucks and I already have a charger, and tons of SD cards so it did not bother me one bit.

Comment

Hook a brother up.

I was thinking of hitting the other HD's in the area and see if they are out of stock on the camera as well, then offer them to buy the demo unit at a discount. The Milwaukee/Ryobi guy said they are clearing out these units cause they are going to introduce a new model soon.

Comment

Been to 3 HD's one had them for $159, one had none and said the same thing about new model/redesign, and one had two display models priced at $109 & $99.

I talked to what I believe was the guy in charge of the tool section...not sure if he was a "store manager" and he was not coming off those prices. They were pretty scuffed up too. Neither one had the charger and the one for $99 did not have battery...I didn't think to check for SD cards (not sure where they even are located).

I asked the guy if he could do better on the price and he said "that's the price" (as marked)...no flexibility...too bad for me (and them) I guess.

Maybe I'm just not a sweet talker like you...

Comment

Been to 3 HD's one had them for $159, one had none and said the same thing about new model/redesign, and one had two display models priced at $109 & $99.

I talked to what I believe was the guy in charge of the tool section...not sure if he was a "store manager" and he was not coming off those prices. They were pretty scuffed up too. Neither one had the charger and the one for $99 did not have battery...I didn't think to check for SD cards (not sure where they even are located).

I asked the guy if he could do better on the price and he said "that's the price" (as marked)...no flexibility...too bad for me (and them) I guess.

Maybe I'm just not a sweet talker like you...
                    Ask to speak to his boss. Explain to him that its missing the carry case, SD card and charger/battery. The unit will has internal memory so it will work without the SD card, but it supposed to come with a 1 gig card. What I did was I told the guy I will pay the asking price of $129 if he can provide me a new in box unit. He then said they are all sold out all they have is the display model. I pointed out that it missing parts and scuffed up. So he got the bog boss and she said she can let me have it for 60 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X