heavy duty digital camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy duty digital camera

Anyone know of a good heavy duty digital camera?
    I like to take pics before/after to cover my a** but I don't have the time to treat my cameras like like they are a 6mth old child and I've ruined yet another one. I don't need anything fancy, just point and shoot.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: heavy duty digital camera

gene, now it's my turn to return the good suggestion

olympus makes a stylus 725 sw. it's already water proof to 16' no case. and is dropped tested to 5' on concrete

it is 7mp. and comes with a protective silicon sleeve, and a nice foam float for the ocean.

bad news is the $50.00 instant rebate at cosco expired last week. good news is i bought it the last day should be $379.00

rick.

thanks for the general snake and drill trick
    phoebe it is

Comment

I take upwards of 300 digital photos per day in the field. I recently went to a Nikon CoolPix 8800. Previous to the 8800 I was using the Nikon CoolPix 995. I have three of the 995s because I keep one in each vehicle. I have taken well over 100,000 photos with the 995s and I have one battery door which has broken but the camera still works.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I take upwards of 300 digital photos per day in the field. I recently went to a Nikon CoolPix 8800. Previous to the 8800 I was using the Nikon CoolPix 995. I have three of the 995s because I keep one in each vehicle. I have taken well over 100,000 photos with the 995s and I have one battery door which has broken but the camera still works.

Mark
        mark are you a photographer or plumber

what did you do before digital?

do you archive all the photos or burn them on a disc?

how's the golf game? josh is gunning for us in june

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

LOL-Well at least I'm taking pictures of plumbing.

In the old days I would have to crop my photos and put them into albums ready for trial. The result was rooms full of photos which I had to keep for years after the case was over.

That did help once as I represnted a plumber who had plumbed a luxury high rise condo project. Five years later I represented the plumbing contractor who made the repairs. The funny part was they were trying to hang some of the claims from the first lawsuit on the second plumber. Good thing I had the photos to prove it was from original construction.

Today my photos are stored on my computers plus external hard drives plus on CDs. I was a little nervous about losing photos at first but I've yet to lose anything since I switched to digital.

Mark

BTW: Have I mentioned I hate being married to so many electronics?

Comment

Hey guys, I brought this one back up from the archives out of curiosity. A lot of you take pics on the jobsite now. I was wondering who makes the best cameras as far as durability and jobsite survivability.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              gene, now it's my turn to return the good suggestion

olympus makes a stylus 725 sw. it's already water proof to 16' no case. and is dropped tested to 5' on concrete

it is 7mp. and comes with a protective silicon sleeve, and a nice foam float for the ocean.

bad news is the $50.00 instant rebate at cosco expired last week. good news is i bought it the last day should be $379.00

rick.

thanks for the general snake and drill trick
              Originally posted by Josh View Post
              Hey guys, I brought this one back up from the archives out of curiosity. A lot of you take pics on the jobsite now. I was wondering who makes the best cameras as far as durability and jobsite survivability.

Josh
              well you saw it in use while on the golf course.

it takes a licking and keeps on clicking

i'll let you tell the story of the guy who took our picture and then dropped my new camera on the concrete.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Dare I suggest the Hasselblad H1! This is a very robust bit of kit, and takes terrific pictures. You choose how automatic it is. Even under winter conditions in Norway it does well. Since the introduction of the HD23, the H1 can be bought used for reasonable prices.

Comment

Wow thats a 3k dollar camera. You would use this on the jobsite?

Originally posted by RiR View Post
                  Dare I suggest the Hasselblad H1! This is a very robust bit of kit, and takes terrific pictures. You choose how automatic it is. Even under winter conditions in Norway it does well. Since the introduction of the HD23, the H1 can be bought used for reasonable prices.
                  Rick, I wouldn't want to embarrass a good friend about dropping your camera ;-p or wait.. Did I drop it. I dont remember. I think it was that other guy with the long hair :-)

Comment

My Nikon 8800 went into a "Fatal System Error" recently so I switched to a Nikon S10 which I liked enough I have already bought a second one. As I have only shot a few thousand photos so far I am not sure how it will hold up yet but so far it's been great.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                      Wow thats a 3k dollar camera. You would use this on the jobsite?

Rick, I wouldn't want to embarrass a good friend about dropping your camera ;-p or wait.. Did I drop it. I dont remember. I think it was that other guy with the long hair :-)
                      wasn't it the guy we asked to take the picture

it wasn't long hair adam was it

it held up fine go-carting

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

leave it to a spammer to bring this thread to light.

I just bought the Roybi Tek4 8MP Camera at the HD they had it on sale for $109.00 It takes some great pictures and is very well built. My daughter already drop tested it a couple times and it is still clicking.

It is so simple to use my father figured it out in minutes. He is very tech chalaneged, so I am very impressed. http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/te...ntation/RP4200
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        Ron's Facebook
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

with lots of brands at under $100, there pretty much disposable.

Comment

I buy used Nikon 775's / 880's and coolpox 5000's I keep one in a Pelican Case with Rechargable and a back up Lithium battery in my Truck ...

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              leave it to a spammer to bring this thread to light.

I just bought the Roybi Tek4 8MP Camera at the HD they had it on sale for $109.00 It takes some great pictures and is very well built. My daughter already drop tested it a couple times and it is still clicking.

It is so simple to use my father figured it out in minutes. He is very tech chalaneged, so I am very impressed. http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/te...ntation/RP4200
                              For $109 that sounds like a good deal and looks durable. I looked them up on the HD website and I think they were near $200.

There are a few of those tools I wouldn't mind using if the price was right.

I'd like to hear back from ya on how the batteries hold up. The Li Ion are well known to not like cold weather...I would say Chicago qualifies. I am too in a cold climate and would buy a couple of these tools but having to bring them in everytime my truck sits idle for a couple hours would be a hassle.

Getting away from cameras for a sec though, Milwaukee has a new RedLithium battery that is supposed to perform well at temps to zero F. I've handled these lightweight tools and they seem pretty nice but if they don't work for a third of the year they'd do me no good so I haven't bought any yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X