hazardous water heater!!!......?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hazardous water heater!!!......?

Maybe the 'toilet running' noise is a short and what you hear is arcing to ground.

Maybe the short has one of the thermostats locked out on high temp and when you shut off the power it resets and then works OK for a while.

Whatever the reason as everyone else has said SHUT THE MALFUNCTIONING EQUIPMENT DOWN AND GET SOMEONE QUALIFIED IN THERE TO LOOK AT IT BEFORE SOMEONE IS DEAD AND/OR THE HOUSE IS BURNT TO THE GROUND.

Yeah, I'm yelling...sorry but I'm trying to wake you up to the safety issue here which is as PCrack said the important issue here.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Re: hazardous water heater!!!......?

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      Maybe the 'toilet running' noise is a short and what you hear is arcing to ground.

Maybe the short has one of the thermostats locked out on high temp and when you shut off the power it resets and then works OK for a while.

Whatever the reason as everyone else has said SHUT THE MALFUNCTIONING EQUIPMENT DOWN AND GET SOMEONE QUALIFIED IN THERE TO LOOK AT IT BEFORE SOMEONE IS DEAD AND/OR THE HOUSE IS BURNT TO THE GROUND.

Yeah, I'm yelling...sorry but I'm trying to wake you up to the safety issue here which is as PCrack said the important issue here.
      Bob and Crack,

The biggest lesson I've learned from this forum, and it's sad, is that there are people you just can't help. They take the time to post on the most professional plumbing forum on the internet, and then ignore the advice that doesn't fit into their method.

Usually the only time I respond to homeowners is when saftey is a major issue. Both of you guys responded with clear, reasoned, and sound advice. I posted I agreed with you. Others concurred. That's all you can do.

I hope no tragic event happens, and if it does, I hope no innocent people are hurt.

It's obvious this guy is going to keep with the program until something bad happens. What can you do?
      the dog

Comment

Working...
      X