X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best way to snake from the roof

[/quote]I hate to be a jerk, but I can snake a roof vent by myself in 60 mins or less, run cable through the rung of my ladder with 2 extension cords, if I need more cable I will jump down, load another 50 in my machine, I run a duracable machine and a spartan. I love ridgid, but I can still do this in 1.5 hrs, with check in hand, with a duracable Sounds like if I had the ridgid k-60 I could do it in 30-45 mins[/quote]

Robert, trying to picture your technique without success. Next time you do a vent job, could you take a picture?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

steve this might require myself, mark and ben to take a road trip to the virgin islands. i figure we could show you all the tricks with this machine and you could show us a good time in the virgin islands. last time i was there we went to the town of hell what a tourist trap

a building trap is no fun anyway you look at it. hopefully there is a c/o downstream of the trap.

the nice thing with the k-60 is the ability to run your 5/8'', k-50 cable with this. takes seconds to adjust the jaw setting.

the k-75 is a larger version of the k-60. so you already know the torque limitations and already have the cables and cutters. you will have a 1 minute learning curve. but it's still going to be a week long trip to keep us entertained. maybe josh can be the ridgid rep too

as the k-60 users list grows, we'll get to travel the world.

any new zealand plumbers on the forum

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I hate to be a jerk, but I can snake a roof vent by myself in 60 mins or less, run cable through the rung of my ladder with 2 extension cords, if I need more cable I will jump down, load another 50 in my machine, I run a duracable machine and a spartan. I love ridgid, but I can still do this in 1.5 hrs, with check in hand, with a duracable Sounds like if I had the ridgid k-60 I could do it in 30-45 mins[/quote]

Robert, trying to picture your technique without success. Next time you do a vent job, could you take a picture?[/quote]

absolutely i will post a picture next time i do a roof jobdoes my pic need to have starting time and finishing time??
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i was able to carry 2- 75' spools, 1 in each hand. the more i use it the faster i get and the more i'm in love sorry joey, but i spend a good part of my days with my ridgid tools. i think my k-60 has a thing for me now with my new k-60, i might get my first 3some

rick.
          Rick,

I'm starting to worry about you

Comment

Rick,
            After meeting your beautifull pistol of a wife,I would highly suggest kevlar woven carbon fiber genitalia protection before even mentioning a threesome.

Comment

You guys are sooo sick!! Have another advantage the k60 has over drum machines. I was going into a cast iron closet bend today with the spiral sawtooth and due to the sharp turn I couldn't get my head past the turn. Turned it off and real quick gave a couple sharp turns in reverse. Head went right in on first try. Turned it off and proceeded in forward direction. If I was running a drum the inertia would've kept it going in reverse, damaging the cable. W/ the k60 I could control the amount precisely how much I ran it in reverse.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Rick, et al.

come on down, i can get you a good deal on one of several hotels. you must have been to STT last time. definately a hole, IMHO. 2 good golf courses (i DO NOT play anymore), here great diving, lot's of culture and history.

this time of year it's pretty quiet as tourist/winter season is over and storm season has just begun. but blockage still happens

bring a guitar (or other instrument) as there are jams to be had.

i think the learning curve on the 60 is going to be pretty flat.

as far as the building trap... no there is not a downstream C/O. trying to talk the owners into replacing the trap with a nice C/O. we'll see.

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                X