X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sloan optima plus flushometers / failures

Hello folks , in the past three or four years I've installed close to 200 of the sloan optima plus [ battery op.], and they have bein terrible , either the solenoid or module fails . I'd say 1 in 5 has had to be rebuilt . I'm losing faith in sloan . They replace it with-out a problem but I"m considering looking at toto batt. op. .Has anyone else had problems with the op. plus - by the way , I participated in the spring fling promo and ridgid had my promotional items to me with-in 2 weeks , GREAT JOB ,THANKS

Re: sloan optima plus flushometers / failures

Ive installed around 30 or 40 items from the optima line, including faucets, urinal and w/c flush valves(all hardwired) and havent seen any problems so far, other than having to mke adjustments to the photo eye potentiometer. I have installed some of the toto photo eye valves, and my only complaint is some of the batteries are dying in 6 months or less. what i will tell you is no matter what, stay away from the zurnline, ive had nothing but problems with them.
    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

In one school, I changed about 130 Optimas back to the flushometer. The school was only 5 years old, but the Optimas were giving them fits. Cha-ching.

Comment

Originally posted by apf View Post
        Hello folks , in the past three or four years I've installed close to 200 of the sloan optima plus [ battery op.], and they have bein terrible , either the solenoid or module fails . I'd say 1 in 5 has had to be rebuilt . I'm losing faith in sloan . They replace it with-out a problem but I"m considering looking at toto batt. op. .Has anyone else had problems with the op. plus - by the way , I participated in the spring fling promo and ridgid had my promotional items to me with-in 2 weeks , GREAT JOB ,THANKS
        The biggest problem is debris in the lines. I installed about 20 in a new school project, and had nothing but problems. I finally called out a Sloan rep. He dug out particles with a needle. That was the problem on most.

There were also modules that did not work.

In my opinion, they are junk.

I feel for you dude.
        the dog

Comment

O.K. , so it's not just the valves in my neck of the woods. I haven't had many probs. with debris...that's a easy fix and the cust. usually will assume this charge as I can"t control the water supply [unless it's softened water]. I guess I'm going to look into the toto line. It just breaks my heart to leave Sloan . Thanks for the imput . Joe

Comment

Working...
          X