Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please review DVW scheme for basement

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    Oh FFS Drtyhands will you just fly out there and do this for him so we can end this thread?
    Plumberscrack,

Then what do we do,back to snakes and sumps,at least this is a little mental exercise
    I am curious to see how this one finishes off.
    I am starting to appreciate dog's offer to go over and give him a hand

Comment

Yes You are on the right track. you need to pick up the tub on that same drain and vent and not at the washer vent and drain IMO

Comment

Originally posted by gdavis62 View Post
        What's it like out there in Ventura County, CA? We are building in one of the most remote and poorest counties of far upstate NY, where the best paying jobs are school bus drivers and prison guards. We've no plans review of any kind required, nor is plumbing inspected.

Most of the shacks in this part of the woods get built DIY, or by GCs that do everything from the dig through finish.

This is a spec house . . . there is no client. You would probably gag (my partner and I did) at the GC-done plumbing work done in the completed place on the next lot over, that got bought and closed a couple months ago.

OK, back to work.

Doesn't the closet bend at W.C. "A" fit to the uphill end of the 3" drain leg that is running under lav sink "B"? And doesn't that drain leg have in it a 3x3x2 combo wye, the 2 being the hub end of its 1/8 bend? Therefore the 2" drainstack up through the slab is what we pipe our lav B drain to, using a 2x2x1-1/2 sanitary tee from the p-trap?

Downstream, under the slab where we come out of the 3x3x2, don't we continue with 3" PVC to the Y hub of the 4x4x3 combo 1/8 bend at the top end of the 4" main?

I'm not with you on all this rocket science. Why is all the depth needed? Cannot wyes and combos be flatwise at drain line junctions?

Re the tub, for which we don't want a c.o. in the room behind, and which we think we are venting over at the washer box, I'm still not clear on the 24 inches, nor do I get when the p-trap comes into play (at before slab time, or at tub-set-and-plumb time).

My thinking had a p-trap somehow going to a quarter bend going down to the 2x2x1.5 combo, the stub of the p-trap looking up a couple inches in from the wall line, centered under where the tailpiece of the tub drain assembly comes down from the overflow.
        Out here I try to do plumbing to the best of my knowledge and abilities,very few pipe slappers in my community do.That's why I participate in this forum,they appreciate the professionalism of another conciensious tradesman

O.k. now I'm getting the information I origionally asked for.I had to reinstall a weeks worth of plumbing because a bathroom was flat vented(which is what you want to do, more than likely do to excavation issues),it is only allowed unless structual conditions dictate.

The tub,it's a 2" horizontal line to a 2x1.5x1.5 comby for vent and the trap arm connects upstream.The 24" is a measurement that will keep your vent out of the stud bay you are going to install the tub/shower valve in while leaving room for shower door backing.

WC, Starting at the closet bend continue downstream to 3x2 wye pitched no lower than 45 deg.(as to keep 2"branch above flow line and provide clear venting properties for wc).Continue 3" to main,2" branch continues to wall,preferably at the lav. location that now has it's own dedicated 2" waste line.all vents below flood rim of fixtures they serve are considered waste lines untill they rise above it,so you need to use long sweep to go from vertical to horizontal(direction of flow) medium sweep from vertical to horiz.

I'm sorry This rocket science is how I communicate to contractors and plumbing installers,it is not meant to impress or insult.

we are almost there.These are just the most critical areas.Glad to see freddy jump on the san-tees and you so quick to pick up

Comment

Originally posted by gdavis62 View Post
          What's it like out there in Ventura County, CA? We are building in one of the most remote and poorest counties of far upstate NY, where the best paying jobs are school bus drivers and prison guards. We've no plans review of any kind required, nor is plumbing inspected.

Most of the shacks in this part of the woods get built DIY, or by GCs that do everything from the dig through finish.

This is a spec house . . . there is no client. You would probably gag (my partner and I did) at the GC-done plumbing work done in the completed place on the next lot over, that got bought and closed a couple months ago.

OK, back to work.

Doesn't the closet bend at W.C. "A" fit to the uphill end of the 3" drain leg that is running under lav sink "B"? And doesn't that drain leg have in it a 3x3x2 combo wye, the 2 being the hub end of its 1/8 bend? Therefore the 2" drainstack up through the slab is what we pipe our lav B drain to, using a 2x2x1-1/2 sanitary tee from the p-trap?

Downstream, under the slab where we come out of the 3x3x2, don't we continue with 3" PVC to the Y hub of the 4x4x3 combo 1/8 bend at the top end of the 4" main?

I'm not with you on all this rocket science. Why is all the depth needed? Cannot wyes and combos be flatwise at drain line junctions?

Re the tub, for which we don't want a c.o. in the room behind, and which we think we are venting over at the washer box, I'm still not clear on the 24 inches, nor do I get when the p-trap comes into play (at before slab time, or at tub-set-and-plumb time).

My thinking had a p-trap somehow going to a quarter bend going down to the 2x2x1.5 combo, the stub of the p-trap looking up a couple inches in from the wall line, centered under where the tailpiece of the tub drain assembly comes down from the overflow.
          You are clueless.
          the dog

Comment

[quote=drtyhands;77935]Great computer skills for a general,Hey listen,Since this is a $8,500 plumbing job(start to finish) and your helper is only going to need $2,800 in wages,Josh is going to need a new set of golf clubs and a shique California wardrobe.Why don't you pm him to find out where to send the check quote]

dirty, a rental set at the course is only $5.00 and i have some extra hawaiian shirts so he can blend in

josh should be able to hustle the locals in a game

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X