Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
C-36 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • C-36

    Hey guys,
    Going to take my C-36 here in los angeles, anyone have any pointers??

    Thanks-Robert
    sigpic

    Robert

  • #2
    Re: C-36

    Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
    Hey guys,
    Going to take my C-36 here in los angeles, anyone have any pointers??

    Thanks-Robert
    For the trade,study guide for u.p.c.
    for the law,3 day crash course immediately before testing

    Welcome to the forum

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: C-36

      take the crash course study review a few days before the state test.

      you should already know the trade. it's the business end of the license that is difficult.

      good luck and welcome to the forum. let us know how you did.

      you will get a lot of first hand real life experience here from guys and gals across the country. most good some

      rick.
      phoebe it is

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: C-36

        Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        For the trade,study guide for u.p.c.
        for the law,3 day crash course immediately before testing

        Welcome to the forum
        adam, scary that 2 minds think alike

        i promise that i didn't peek. look at my post time and you know we don't type fast with plumber fingers

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: C-36

          Thanks for the welcome. I've been in in the plumbing field for 10 years, first two in a supply house, Westburne, (Ferg bought them out). Learned in the field, service/ repair, remodel and new construction, specialize in service and repair/ remodel. Glad to see Ridgid has a forum. The journeymans test was really simple here in L.A., kinda worried about the C-36 though, well, Thanks again for the welcome. I will be around for a long time!

          Robert
          sigpic

          Robert

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: C-36

            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            adam, scary that 2 minds think alike

            i promise that i didn't peek. look at my post time and you know we don't type fast with plumber fingers

            rick.
            ....... .........

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: C-36

              Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
              Thanks for the welcome. I've been in in the plumbing field for 10 years, first two in a supply house, Westburne, (Ferg bought them out). Learned in the field, service/ repair, remodel and new construction, specialize in service and repair/ remodel. Glad to see Ridgid has a forum. The journeymans test was really simple here in L.A., kinda worried about the C-36 though, well, Thanks again for the welcome. I will be around for a long time!

              Robert
              Glad to hear you got your journeymans,that tells me you should not have too much of a problem with the whole test

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: C-36

                Robert,

                There are a bunch of us here from So Cal so let us know if we can help. I did not find the test very tough but it has been over 25-years now. One thing I would suggest though is stick with your first answer and answer them all. If you go back and second guess your answers you will have a problem.

                Good luck-Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: C-36

                  I found the plumbing exam easy. The Law/Business you better study for. Spend most of your study time on that. When I took it there were alot of questions on dates (you have x amount of days to file for a lein if x happened). But that was a long time ago.

                  Stay calm, you only have to get about 70 of 100 questions right, so don't work youself up if you don't know one.

                  Good Luck.
                  the dog

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: C-36

                    Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                    I found the plumbing exam easy. The Law/Business you better study for. Spend most of your study time on that. When I took it there were alot of questions on dates (you have x amount of days to file for a lein if x happened). But that was a long time ago.

                    Stay calm, you only have to get about 70 of 100 questions right, so don't work youself up if you don't know one.

                    Good Luck.
                    Hey Dog,
                    Thanks for the heads up, I was so worried about my journeymans, and i only missed a few, 2nd one done, thought I failed, the guy asked me what I was worried about, haha... I suck at test taking, I know the answers, I am just scared I will forget them when I need them! I study law every night, a chapter a night, I will keep all informed! I appreciate all the support, we need more qualified plumbers out there that care about the customers and the trade! Thanks again Dog
                    sigpic

                    Robert

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: C-36

                      robert, it's great to read and study the business and law portion, but it is too much information. a lawyer wouldn't be able to remember it all. he would still have to read it.

                      the crash course we spoke about is actually the real test, word for word

                      you basically read the question and have multiple choice. sooner or later you remember the answers.

                      i need to refer to the book when needed. stop killing yourself. read it, get some time tables and look for a crash course a day or 2 before the test.

                      you'll ace the trade.

                      the law requires a harvard law degree, or a crash course.

                      take the crash course

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: C-36

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        robert, it's great to read and study the business and law portion, but it is too much information. a lawyer wouldn't be able to remember it all. he would still have to read it.

                        the crash course we spoke about is actually the real test, word for word

                        you basically read the question and have multiple choice. sooner or later you remember the answers.

                        i need to refer to the book when needed. stop killing yourself. read it, get some time tables and look for a crash course a day or 2 before the test.

                        you'll ace the trade.

                        the law requires a harvard law degree, or a crash course.

                        take the crash course

                        rick.
                        Does anyone know of a good crash course class for the law here in los angeles??
                        sigpic

                        Robert

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: C-36

                          Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                          Does anyone know of a good crash course class for the law here in los angeles??
                          Back in 1990 I used peerless,they are still giving courses,I think I remember it being around $400.00 for 2 days.

                          Maybe not, I could only see study material when I looked on the web site.
                          Last edited by drtyhands; 05-11-2007, 09:50 PM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X