tiki torch install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiki torch install

(I already asked Pumber Rick a barage of similar questions, my apologies for fishing)

Hi, newbie here.
    I want to install a set of natural gas tiki torches in my back yard. The vendors are not very knowledgable about the installation requirements, their only information can be found here.

http://tiki.beachsidelighting.com/pd...K-1-P_SPEC.pdf

My question(s) are, if I set the plumbing in concrete to anchor the torches, what pipe do I use? I have used black pipe in the past (above ground), and I understand that the green pipe is for underground. Are the black pipe tees and 90's generally used with the green pipe underground? If they are, do they get wraped with tape? I've never seen coated transitions.

Is set in concrete considered underground?
    Any suggestions on how to install this set-up safely? Thanks.

Re: tiki torch install

Use machine wrapped pipe. The green pipe your talking about is pobably from home depot or a home and garden store. I would go to your local plumbing supply. As far as the fittings use galvi ,brush on pipe sealant basically it like rubber cement and wrap it tight with 10 mill tape at least twice or twenty mill at least once both overlapping.
    THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Also pipe should be at least 18 inches deep. When your done installing the pipe pressure test it 10 pounds 15 minutes I always do 15 15. If your still concerned find a local plumber to look over your work, they will probably charge you 100.0 to 200.00 to look it over. When he comes offer him a soda and a snack maybe you'll get lucky and hill do it for free.
      THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Thank you, Crappy.

Comment

Working...
        X