washers for metal slip-nuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washers for metal slip-nuts

How's everyone . One of my suppliers has started carrying a new type of slip nut washer . They are yellow in color , made to replace 1-1/4" and 1-1/2" slip-nut washers for metal slip-nuts [one size fits both ] ,and are elastomeric . I think they are terrible . The fit usually doesn"t feel good , and it seems as though it wants to bind as it tightens . Plumbers grease would take care of the binding with-out damaging the o-ring , but that is the wrong answer . I won"t use the things , and how bout those plumbers who use rubber washers instead of poly washers on a pvc slip-nut. Hopefully some-one else has used the o-ring/ washers I described , I'd like to here your opinions................I don"t think this thread will cause any huge debates like we have had lately See ya , Joe / apf

Re: washers for metal slip-nuts

i prefer the poly washer for both the 1.5'' and the 1.25''x'1.5'' lav connections. i've always had good luck with the poly even after many years in use.

i still have bags of brass 1.5'' ferrules in both full and 1/2 length. these are required for concealed slip joint connections, such as waste and overflow with no access panels.

dog, you need them? do you ruff guys still use them?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

HEy Rick , these aren't ferrules I'm refering to , I"ll try to get a pic. posted

Comment

apf. i understand

i was just saying that i prefer the poly s.j. washers and that i have bags of old school brass s.j. ferrules.

p&m makes similar s.j. washers as you described, i don't use them and so far i do like the poly washers. i feel that they will last a real long time.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          apf. i understand

i was just saying that i prefer the poly s.j. washers and that i have bags of old school brass s.j. ferrules.

p&m makes similar s.j. washers as you described, i don't use them and so far i do like the poly washers. i feel that they will last a real long time.

rick.
          OK , now I got ya . I'm glad someone else has used the washers I'm referring to , it's bein a long time since I"ve used the brass ferrules , sometimes there's no room for any other type of repair ...........have a better one .

Comment

Working...
          X