Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check out these wrenches I just recieved!!

Gear Junkie, my oldest wrenches are from 1896 to 1897, and didn't the Model T come out 1917, so these wrenches couldn't be part of the tool kit, if I'm right on my dates.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

How about this wrench guys? Any idea on it's name or use, it weighs a ton!!

Sorry I had to use image shack again, this forum picture hosting kept saying too large and I didn't know how to re size them and what not, sorry.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I use to use a wrench just like that (not as old) when tapping water mains for a water service. It would fit the tap and a couple parts on the tapping machine.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Come to find out the large heavy wrench is related to rail road work.

I just have 2 questions left...

1. I still don't see how those 1890 wrenches are related to the model t.

2. What is the tool on the right used for? I would really like to know.

Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
            Gear Junkie, my oldest wrenches are from 1896 to 1897, and didn't the Model T come out 1917, so these wrenches couldn't be part of the tool kit, if I'm right on my dates.

Aaron,
            Henry ford didn't invent the wrench (it was already in use)for service on his cars but everyone became familar with the wrench because of the Model T. I used to live in Ms. and they have a car show called "Cruisin the Coast". I met someone who had a mint model t w/ paperwork and it had an original inventory of the tool box and that's how I found out about it. In short, your wrench came before the model t but I don't know what it was called before 1917. English is my second language so let me know if that makes sense.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yes it did, thanks for clearing that up..
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
              X