Slam this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slam this

That is "handy homeowner" crap if I ever saw it. That set up would never pass inspection here.

If you are contractor buying a book at home chepot to do plumbing , you have no clue what you are doing.
    Doing homeowner stuff on your own house in one thing but, doing plumbing for someone else and getting paid for it is illegal in most states.

Hey dog, I never see rex at the monthly "PLUMBING GOD" meetings, do you?

Comment

Right on cue

Plumbdog10, Plumber Rick, Plumberscrack, and Pipes! The whole gang came in on cue!

I knew I'd getcha! Like inviting Michael Richards to a new comedy club.

What, exactly, do you guys contribute on this forum, other than slams and flames? Were you abused as little boys?

Since you can all type, why don't you go together on a new book to outflank Rex? Here's a working title: "All the plumbing I know, that I won't tell you about."

Comment

Re: Right on cue

Originally posted by gdavis62 View Post
        Plumbdog10, Plumber Rick, Plumberscrack, and Pipes! The whole gang came in on cue!

I knew I'd getcha! Like inviting Michael Richards to a new comedy club.

What, exactly, do you guys contribute on this forum, other than slams and flames? Were you abused as little boys?

Since you can all type, why don't you go together on a new book to outflank Rex? Here's a working title: "All the plumbing I know, that I won't tell you about."

gdavis, why don't you take some time and read some real post from other members besides yours.

i'm sure if you read something other than your ongoing soap box, you'll see that we provide real answers to real everyday questions.

looks to me that everyone has caught onto your joke.

if you don't like what you see or read here, then just leave.

it's time to start ignoring you if you have nothing to contribute.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I think the systyem is pretty ........... pretty expensive , pretty time consuming , pretty unneccesary

Comment

Why in the World do you guys continue to feed this TROLL? The day I start buying “plumbing books” at Home Depot is the day I need to start looking for a new occupation. That does not mean that the average do-it-yourself guy could not pick up some points in the book but it definitely was not meant to be a technical book. The fact that gdavis62 is impressed with the book says a lot about his abilities.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

mark, i just looked up the author "rex"

i sure hope that he is a better electrician than plumber.

his bio shows an electrical degree.

his plumbing photos shows handyman there was a close up photo of a 1/2'' sweat 1/4 turn straight stop. he actually used a double torch head to solder it makes for a great photo, but not something an experienced plumber would do.

when was the last time we used sweat stops, other than for tub/ shower valves never for inside of cabinets for fixtures

right up gdavise alley

time to ignore again

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

If gdavis is impressed with Rex Cauldwell he would really be impressed with Phil Campbell. Phil was the lecturer for the plumbing portion of the 40-hour course I took in Vegas for the EDDU-CODE. If you ever get a chance to read Phil's paper on SARS it will make you appreciate the plumbing codes we have here.

Mark

Comment

see what i'm talking about

rick.
                  Attached Files
                  phoebe it is

Comment

mark, time to take our show on the road.

i'm off to panama next week. i'll try to discuss why salt water is better than fresh water to "float a boat"
                    the canals locks use fresh water to operate.

i guess anyone can discuss a subject and people will listen.

i actually have a reference guide for plumbing code that is very handy and compares the 2 codes side by side.
                    i picked this up at h.d. a few years back and is quicker than a 400 page code book for quick reference tables.

this would be a great start for anyone doing their own work. homeowner or pro. not sure where our friend fits but this guide with its illustrations is much better than the garbage he is doing now

rick.

here is the picture of the code check book.
                    Attached Files
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      see what i'm talking about

rick.
                      Not trying to get into the debate too much here but what the picture is showing is where you intially put the torch and then you move it, hence the 2 torches. Not trying to defend anyone here but I've noticed a difference between the east and west coast plumber's. Because it's done different then what you're used to, does that make it wrong and the person a bad plumber? And I still like Rex's book. Call me stupid or whatever but I do understand you're never to experienced to learn new things. And I do mean that w/ respect to everyone.
                      Last edited by gear junkie; 05-20-2007, 01:30 PM. Reason: forgot something
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

since my knees are bad, and my back is weak, I dont think we should put anything under the sink ,
                        §m€llŸ™

Comment

I figure the stops are straight stops which were made up elsewhere then dropped through the floor.

As for the Code Check book I guess there is a use for it but I prefer the actual Code books. On my truck I have both the UPC and the UMC on CDs (UPC from 47 - 06) and the IPC and IMC in binders. Because I refer to them so often it does not take long to find what I am looking for.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by smelly View Post
                            since my knees are bad, and my back is weak, I dont think we should put anything under the sink ,
                            Three cheers for Smelly

Comment

I say keep posting, because it gives us construction workers a chance to show what idiots most engineers are.

If there are doubts: review his posts. I spotted his lack of ability a mile away. So did Rick and Bob D.
                              the dog

Comment

Thanks for the lead on that "Code Check" plumbing book. I placed an order with Amazon for a slightly used copy of the latest revision of it.

My nearest Depot is a 2.5 hour trip from here, with an expensive ferry ride enroute, so mail order makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X