Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Street fittings?

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    What happened in your life to make you so cynical?
    I give my opinions, I respect and read yours. Sometimes mine seem more harsh. I don't know what to tell you other than continue to post. I like reading your posts.
    the dog

Comment

Dog, Sorry I found your post alil confusing, was "How the Plumber Saved Civilization" any good? I'm always interested in plumbing books and was curious to your opinions on it before I buy it.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        What happened in your life to make you so cynical?
        Gear,
        A friend of mine has worked his way up through the plumbers union here in Southern California.Both Dog and my friend have the same dimeanor.He's very talented and focused person.He also ventured through contracting.

My friend is one wrung from the top of the ladder as far as foreman/supervisor goes.He does not want to go any farther up(he doesn't like the brown stain on his nose)

He is capable of unbalivable installations,and runs the projects very well.

The problem with him is simple.He pushes himself hard to be efficient and productive.This has a price,the frustration of the rest of the world not being as intense and thoughtfull.

The extra bite we get with Dog is he loves to tease.Kind of a litmus test to see if you are what you say you are

Don't know what this has to do with the price of tea in China,but it's just a thought I would like to share

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
          Dog, Sorry I found your post alil confusing, was "How the Plumber Saved Civilization" any good? I'm always interested in plumbing books and was curious to your opinions on it before I buy it.
          Aaron,

Until you can buy the book, read the links here and you will have an idea of where the title of the book came from.

http://www.theplumber.com/h_index.html

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
            I've stated before on a post it is a book worth reading if you are a plumber. I know you are of limited funds, being an apprentice, so you can check it out at your local library. If they don't have it ask the librarian if they can borrow it from another library. They usually can.

Libraries are one of the great untapped resources of this country. They are free, and helpful.

Are you still working on your education?
            the dog

Comment

Working...
            X