Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOG, ACCORDING TO WHAT I READ, YOU HAVE THE WRONG ANSWER. TELL ME WHERE I SAID I KNEW ABOUT RIDGID PUMPS? I STATED THE ZOLLER HAS A 1 YEAR WARRANTY. LESS IF IT'S NOT PROPERLY SIZED FOR THE APPLICATION. ALL WARRANTIES HAVE EXCEPTIONS. THE INSINKERATOR IS THE ONLY CO. THAT I'VE DEALT WITH THAT COVERS JUST ABOUT ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF. EVEN THEIR HOT WATER DISPENCERS ARE COVERED FOR AN EXTRA 2 YEARS WHEN I INSTALL THEM, OR A REGISTERED PRO CONTRACTOR THAT'S SIGNED UP. IF YOU ATTEND THE TRADE SHOWS LIKE I DO, YOU WOULD KNOW THESE THINGS. BUT YOU'RE TOO BUSY FINDING FAULTS AT THESE SHOWS TOO.
    BY THE WAY, HOW LONG DO YOU STAND BEHIND YOUR WORK? I THOUGHT YOU WORK FOR A COMMERCIAL PLUMBING CO. IS IT 1 YEAR OR 10 YEARS? I STAND BEHIND MY WORK FOR LIFE. IF IT'S MY WORK AT FAULT,I'LL FIX IT. IF IT'S A DEFECT WITH THE PRODUCT DOWN THE ROAD, AND I SUPPLIED IT, I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT. IF IT IS WORN OUT, IT'S WORN OUT. YOU SEE DOG, MY CUSTOMERS CALL ME. I DON'T ADVERTISE. I DON'T LOOK FOR WORK. AND I DON'T SIT AT HOME WAITING FOR THE PHONE TO RING. IT RINGS BECAUSE CLIENTS RECOMMEND ME TO THEIR FRIENDS AND CO-WORKERS.
    FOR SOME REASON YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO LOOK FOR FAULT. DOG TRY LOOKING IN THE MIRROR. IF YOU'RE AS GOOD AS YOU MAKE YOURSELF OUT TO BE, YOU WOULDN'T BE WORKING FOR A COMPANY. YOU WOULD BE STEPPING UP AND RUNNING YOUR OWN CO. I WORKED FOR OTHERS FOR 15 PLUS YEARS. IF THEY COULD DO IT, IT WAS BECAUSE OF PLUMBERS LIKE US THAT DID IT. FOR SOME REASON I DON'T THINK YOU CAN STEP UP TO THE PLATE. YOU'RE TOO BUSY THINKING ABOUT FAULTS.
    A FINAL SUGGESTION, HERE IN CALIFORNIA THERE ARE MANY FAULTS. THE GROUND SHAKES GOOD EVERY 10 YEARS OR SO. YOU TRY TO MAKE IT SHAKE ON A DAILY BASIS. GO WORK FOR CALTECH. THE'RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW FAULTS.

IT'S YOUR FAULT.
    RICK.

[ 08-19-2005, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: PLUMBER RICK ]

Comment

I think you guys may all be talking about different service on the pumps. I installed and spec Zoeller pumps all of the time and prefer them over any other pump.

Depending on the service even a 50 series should last 20-years. The difference would be if the pump is used for dewatering in an area with a high water table you may have the pump sitting in water 24/7 365 days per year. The other side of the service possibility is a sump pump which is installed in a basement which may not see use except during heavy rains.

Another issue you must look at is what damage will occur from a non functioning pump. If there is little chance of damage you just install the pump. If there is a chance of expensive damages you install a duplex system with alarms, notifiers and back-up power. Of course there is a lot of installations in between as well.

I think Rick brought up a good point between a service plumber and a new construction plumber. Typically a new construction plumber see work when it is new and may see a little of it for the first year if they are also in the service department of the new construction company. A service plumber generally only sees work which has been installed for at least one year. As we base our opinions on our own experiences I could see how we could all have different opinions.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

MARK, TOLD LIKE THE PERSON YOU ARE. SMART AND KNOWLEDGEABLE.
        TOO BAD YOU CAN'T TRAIN THE DOG SOME OF YOUR TRAITS.

RICK.

Comment

The secret to longevity of a sump pump is proper sizing and installation. Proper installation being a very key factor. Making sure the pit is properly installed and covered also plays a role.

The smaller pumps have always been considered disposable pumps. By the time one travels to the location of the pump, talks to the owner, removes the pump, cleans the pump, replaces the float, switch or impeller, reinstalls the pump, cleans up and talks to and bills the owner and travels back to the shop or next job, it just makes no sense to re build a pump that retails under 200 dollars. Its not fair to the customer, yourself, or your company, whether you own the company or just work for it.. With Zoeller, properly installed, they will last a long, long time.

Exceptions would be a clogged intake, broken float retainer or mercury switch.
          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Working...
          X