Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about installing faucets (supply lines)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about installing faucets (supply lines)

Hi guys

I am a first time DIYer and am in the process of installing new fixtures in my bathrooms. I noticed that my Supply lines are made of hard copper (they are unbendable, looks welded on). I can't seem to remove my old faucets because they are attached to these supply lines and I'm afraid to pull on them too hard. Any Idea how I can get my old faucets off?

Also: I am considering just hiring a plumber to take care of faucet installations. Home Depot quoted me $109 for removal of old fixtures and installing new ones while another plumbing service quoted me $285. What is a reasonable price I should expect from plumbers for this type of job?

Thanks.
    Last edited by JSfly; 05-23-2007, 04:46 PM.

Re: question about installing faucets (supply lines)

Sounds like they are the cheap supply lines soldered on from the factory. Have you tried un threading the 3/8" not on the top of your valve, which would then free up the supply lines, and then removing the nut on the under side of the vanity top? And to answer your question on a reasonable bid, how many faucuts, you were plural but not specific.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Any chance of posting a photo? A picture is worth 1000 words.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by JSfly View Post
        Hi guys

I am a first time DIYer and am in the process of installing new fixtures in my bathrooms. I noticed that my Supply lines are made of hard copper (they are unbendable, looks welded on). I can't seem to remove my old faucets because they are attached to these supply lines and I'm afraid to pull on them too hard. Any Idea how I can get my old faucets off?

Also: I am considering just hiring a plumber to take care of faucet installations. Home Depot quoted me $109 for removal of old fixtures and installing new ones while another plumbing service quoted me $285. What is a reasonable price I should expect from plumbers for this type of job?

Thanks.
        it sounds like your stops and flex are one piece, you need to get rid of that junk and install quarter turns and easy hookers, as far as the cost for installation, if you have 8" spread average going rate 260.00 for the first faucet,
        32.50 each angle stop, mini spreads 4" are 97.50 each, 32.50 each stop, plus material you don't have. los angeles prices here, everything is more expensive in cali
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

You need to follow the supplies (the piping between the faucet and the valve) down to the angle stop (that would be the valve that sticks out of your wall). It should connect with a nut. Turn the valve off. Turn the faucet on, to make sure no water comes out, then loosen the nut. That will disconnect the water from the faucet.
          the dog

Comment

Working...
          X