X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fernco fittings in crawlspace!!

Customer had water leaking everywhere when she ran her kitchen sink. Wonder why? I guess the rats got hungry.
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: No fernco fittings in crawlspace!!

When I click on the left one, it enlarges no problem. When I do the right one, it asks for the save/open/cancel option then it opens up. What did I do wrong?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

[quote=gear junkie;79858]Customer had water leaking everywhere when she ran her kitchen sink. Wonder why? I guess the rats got hungry.[/qu

Are Fernco ftg's allowed in the drainage system per code?? We are not allowed to use them out here. We can't even use a jim cap under a house, if the customer has a mainline stoppage, the headpressure could blow the cap off.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

I don't use fernco's (except couplings) in a crawlspace anyway but they are allowed here. Most plumber's don't use them, though. I installed a wye 1/8th combo in it's place. What's a "jim cap"? Got a good idea but the east coast/ west coast terminology is different.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          I don't use fernco's (except couplings) in a crawlspace anyway but they are allowed here. Most plumber's don't use them, though. I installed a wye 1/8th combo in it's place. What's a "jim cap"? Got a good idea but the east coast/ west coast terminology is different.
          You could just consider it fernco's version of a cap,solid rubber with a hose clamp.

Comment

I use large jim cap for drum traps when the original plug threads are gone. Although changing it out is always best. Ive seen a few rubber fittings around here. They sell them at the hardware's usualy instaled by a diy.

Comment

The general excepted rule/policy around the country is fernco's are not allowed with-in the structure [including attics, walls , and crawl spaces .What is legal and preferred is the mission band or no-hub coupling which has the exterior metal sleeve / stiffener , these also have center stops which is a IPC code

Comment

Also , dead-ends on a dwv. system are not allowed under ground nor under a crawl , the way to get around this is to make the dead-end a clean-out , but the dead -end under most conditions has to be extended to the exterior of the structure .there are more details but you get my meaning I"m sure , have a good one

Comment

Working...
                X