Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is best dgital or analog?

I am new for here !
    Hi, I need to know from some plumbers with experience(like RICK) what are your experience in the use of water leaks detectors (I have a Fisher XLT-20 with "Big Foot", and I will have a Fisher XLG-80 (ultrasonic),all are analog detectors.

Do you have any experience with this leaks detectors. Are digital best for you?

Re: What is best dgital or analog?

Originally posted by raul56 View Post
    I am new for here !
    Hi, I need to know from some plumbers with experience(like RICK) what are your experience in the use of water leaks detectors (I have a Fisher XLT-20 with "Big Foot", and I will have a Fisher XLG-80 (ultrasonic),all are analog detectors.

Do you have any experience with this leaks detectors. Are digital best for you?

LOL-I guess you did not like my answer in your other thread. The short answer is the analog is less accurate but much cheaper than digital. Your choice should be based on what value you put on finding the leak with confidence versus saving some money and doing a little "sports digging" on occassion.

I started out with an analog machine 35-years ago and got pretty good with it as it was all that was available. Today I am much happier with my digital locator.

Mark

BTW: I believe Rick might be on a fishing trip down in Costa Rica this week.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      LOL-I guess you did not like my answer in your other thread. The short answer is the analog is less accurate but much cheaper than digital. Your choice should be based on what value you put on finding the leak with confidence versus saving some money and doing a little "sports digging" on occassion.

I started out with an analog machine 35-years ago and got pretty good with it as it was all that was available. Today I am much happier with my digital locator.

Mark

Hi, Mark , I like your answer in the other tread , I understand your answer,and apreciate your clear explanation.

Thank.s: Raul

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark

panama and it wasn't fishing. i was trying to figure out how to conserve the 52 million gallons of fresh water used in the canal for every passage and reduce it to 1.6 gallons per flush

actually they are in the process of adding an extra large set of locks and recycle a good portion of that fresh water.

i sold my analog leak detector years ago as it sucked

i do use both digital and analog locators for my sewer cameras. the digital is faster with more bells and whistles. the analog is old school and works fine for us old timers. stick with the digital if you plan on doing this for a long time.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thank's RICK

Comment

Working...
          X