X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wet / dry vac

looking at a new wet / dry vac, 2 stage motor seems to be "top of the line" can anyone tell me what that means and why i need it for $100 more. i know this is not a plumbing question but it didnt fit any where else and i figured this way i would get feedback from a fellow plumber vs. a DIY / homeowner

Re: wet / dry vac

A two stage motor-fan model passes air through 2 fans. This results in higher suction, but not more air flow. If you are using the crevice tool, you'll notice the difference. It's also better for water pickup. If you mostly just want to clean up dry dirt, you really don't need this feature. Normally the 2 stage motors are better quality so that might be something to think about. I have not seen the new Ridgid models so I can't say if the rest of the machine is better made, but aiming at Pro users it very well could be.

Comment

Re: wet / dry vac

You might want to check out the 'vac 2000' thread in 'the Ridgid review' section of this forum. Other than Ricks comments about them, I haven't heard much but they seem like a good idea.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
      X