Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fine thread Hose Bibb???

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    I know it's to late now but if you had this, you could leave your hose bibb all the way on and the shut it off from the new shut off valve. This only cost 5 bucks and is as easy as putting on a garden hose. Would this effect the vacuum breaker?
    I don't think it was a leak I think his vaccum breaker was spraying water with a hose attached.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I live in central Texas and forgive me for my ignorance but, I believe that I have copper. Not really sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRado03 View Post
        OK, Looks like there is a arrowhead design on each side with a made in the USA.
        Okay now you know the brand and it is a fairly common brand. If you can find the same sill cock you may be able to swap out the parts.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Okay now we are getting some where. That is a poor picture but it looks like an Arrowhead Sill Cock. Can you see if there is an Arrowhead on the side?

Mark

i say arrowhead too.
          look for "ahb"

this is a very common brand out here.

by the way. it looks like this is a screwed on hose bibb. how would one solder a wall mount bibb?

dog, when v.b were first required here in los angeles early 1983 or so. i had to install hundreds of spring loaded aftermarket v.b. onto exisiting bibbs. then from that point on we would install hose bibbs with factory made v.b. on them. much less money than an aftermarket 2 piece design. problem was when a 1 pc. factory v.b went bad or had dirt in it. you had to fix it or drain the entire system and start fresh. not a simple or fast fix to start over.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I live in central Texas and forgive me for my ignorance but, I believe that I have copper. Not really sure though.
            If you live in a area which gets frost you may have a frost-proof sill cock which has it's attachment point 4"-8" inside the wall. If it is just a standard sill cock and it is IPS you should be able to just unscrew the sill cock and replace it. Once you try to replace it you will be committed so consider your skill level before trying it.

Mark

Comment

OK. This may sound like a dumb question. How do I replace my sill cock without destroying my brick or drywall. There is about an half a inch of mortar between the sill and brick.

Comment

Plumbers are under rated.

Comment

I initially removed it because It was leaking when I had the water on and no matter what I did or what seal I used, I couldn't get it to stop.
                  the picture you posted is of a fip wall cock

meaning that it has a female iron pipe thread. very simple to unscrew and replace. just don't break it off in the wall

rick.

replace the entire faucet and you're good to go.

this has got to be the fastest and most responses to an issue here ever. 38 post in a matter of minutes. wow very impressive guys
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Is there a particular method to this? clockwise, counter clockwise?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

this has got to be the fastest and most responses to an issue here ever. 38 post in a matter of minutes. wow very impressive guys
                      I think we're tired of reading and posting about flat rate, and want to get back to our real passion.
                      Brent

Comment

Originally posted by BAPlumber View Post
                        I think we're tired of reading and posting about flat rate, and want to get back to our real passion.
                        LOL - As funny as that was it was true.

Mark

Comment

Is there a particular method to this? clockwise, counter clockwise?
                          lefty loosy, righty tighty

turn it counterclockwise to unscrew.

use caution so as not to break it off in the wall.

personally, you might want to hire a pro. you already did a great job with id ing it. don't ruin it by breaking in the wall and having no water till it's fixed.

rick

another satisfied customer on the ridgid site
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            the picture you posted is of a fip wall cock

meaning that it has a female iron pipe thread. very simple to unscrew and replace. just don't break it off in the wall

rick.

replace the entire faucet and you're good to go.

Not so quick Rick. The frost-proof sill cock looks identical and is available in both IPS and Copper. I think the connection on the frost-proof ranges from 4"-8".

Mark

Comment

I understand. I'm getting sick of thinking about it too. And I think its about that time to the bedroom and pursue my passion. I really appreciate all the posts and will definatley add this to my favorites. I'll let it be for now and try to unscrew it tomorrow and hope I dont bust a pipe.

Thanks ALL,

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                                Not so quick Rick. The frost-proof sill cock looks identical and is available in both IPS and Copper. I think the connection on the frost-proof ranges from 4"-8".

Mark

not being an expert in frost proof since i live in sunny sourthern calif

i am looking at the handle position and would find it hard to believe it can be frost proof

what do you think mark you have cold weather in your neck of the woods and utah too

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X