Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who started Ridgid in So Cal?

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Crappy, you're a sick, sick man. I'll stick w/ pcrack's offer of possum huntin. Mark, thanks for the heads up on the trucks but I found the one I want and I'm going to lease it. I hear this is the best way to go. Any thoughts, opinions?
    Very nice and very similar to my trucks. Mine were 14' long and then had horizontal compartments with dividers above the compartments shown in your picture. That is where we kept all of our copper fittings for repipes. As big as the forward cabs are they have a tighter turning radius then standard vans.

As far as leasing I always purchased my trucks but to each their own. I think if I was turning the trucks over every couple of years I would have leased. The problem is I kept my trucks forever than swapped the bodies to a new chassis

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Here is a truck I have been considering having made but with a full walkin.

Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

One of my friends who has his own hvac business was telling me about leasing. He said if I buy the van, the only thing I can write is the deprication besides the maintance stuff. If I lease, I can write off the payments plus the maintance stuff. When my lease is up, I just get a new lease w/ a new van. What are the benifits of owning the van outright? Should I have made this a new thread?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          remember you guys back east have gdavis62

we have plumbdog10

wanna trade

never

rick.
          Thanks for keeping me on the team Rick (I think, well............... Yea thanks). I actually looked at the last big thread and found the following breakdown by location:

Southern California (6)
          New York (1)
          Maine (1)
          Washington, D.C. (1)
          New Hampshire (1)
          New Jersey (1)
          Oregon (1)
          Kansas (1)
          Mississippi (1)
          Virginia (1)
          Don't Know/Won't Tell (2)

Keep in mind that Southern California encompasses L.A., Orange, Ventura, San Diego, Riverside, Imperial, and San Bernadino counties, many of which are larger than eastern states. There's a helluve a lot of people livinging in Southern California (and I'm not including the millions of illegal aliens from Mexico, El Savadore, Guatamala, ect.)
          the dog

Comment

This is what I have, I love it.http://www.workhorse.com/Default.aspx?tabid=188
            my guys drive either the Chevy 3500 with enclosed utility bodies or the new sprinter. They really like the sprinter, there only complaint is they can smell they're equipment after a nasty drain.
            THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

One of my friends who has his own hvac business was telling me about leasing. He said if I buy the van, the only thing I can write is the deprication besides the maintance stuff. If I lease, I can write off the payments plus the maintance stuff. When my lease is up, I just get a new lease w/ a new van. What are the benifits of owning the van outright? Should I have made this a new thread?
              I think I will answer you in a new Thread

Mark

Comment

Crappy, you're a sick, sick man. I'll stick w/ pcrack's offer of possum huntin. Mark, thanks for the heads up on the trucks but I found the one I want and I'm going to lease it. I hear this is the best way to go. Any thoughts, opinions?

that's the truck i drive. it's a 12' bed and has the utility doors only on the passenger side. i don't like the road side doors as here in busy traffic, you could get killed.

be careful with your choice. at 6mpg this will break your wallet

fortunately i only do 6000 miles a year

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  I want to party with you Crappy! Can we get V.I.P. seating at Lips?

Do I have to bring my own disc for Frolf? What are the rules?
                  I've got 40 different discs We got you covered

Comment

Dog,
                    You forgot Oklahoma in your pole [1] , if you got the info. from the last big thread that would be the Glavdis thread which I wanted no part of............
                    APF

Comment

APF,

I based my survey on a thread that I don't see you on, I checked. But I have nothing against Oklahoma, my mother's side of the family all comes from there. My point was that plumbers from all over post on this forum, I just picked one thread to illustrate it. There is alot from Southern California, but millions of people live here.

I meant no offence.
                      the dog

Comment

I consider myself a Chicagoan , born and raised , I've just traveled a lot in the last 20 yrs. I've bein in Oklahoma 4 years . I spent 3 years at Edwards AFB in the early 80's . Stayed in Lancaster / Palmdale area for a year. One of my good friends parents had a condo on Mullholland drive. Absolutely beautiful. I don't really feel slighted Dog , I'm just trying to ease into your group and share my passion of our trade . The only really frickin sensitive thing for me is the T&M v Flat rate posts. And it seems once you made your point or said your piece you gotta lighten-up. I don't kick people when there down and grew out of gangs decades ago . This is not a shot at you but a general uneasiness I've had after reading some threads . You just have to ignore fools sometimes and they"ll go away , sure enough.

Comment

apf, What part of Oklahoma do you live in. My Father in law live in McAllister Oklahoma.
                          THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Hey Crappy , in a town called Ada , about 80 miles from McAlester and beautiful Lake Eufala.That area is awesome. I am moving to Oklahoma city in 2 weeks , I don't know anyone there but I know that is where I want / need the business to be .

Comment

Working...
                            X