X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who started Ridgid in So Cal?

I notice the majority of us are from the west coast/ So Cal area. I think me and pcrack, Aaron are the only 3 from the east coast. Who got all the Cali guys started on this forum? Was it word of mouth or at a trade show that we never get over here? Just curious how it all got started.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Who started Ridgid in So Cal?

Probably the earthquakes that create the need for more than a normal amount of plumbers. That or there is just way too much chit on the west coast.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Gear,

The "Westies" think they are better than us. They have trade shows that we don't get an invite to. Josh even takes them out for a round of golf before the show. Now they are all "buddie buddie" and have drinks together. Sure they may have the better climate riding around in convertibles and motorcyles with a silicone enhanced trophy wife on their arm but it's all just a facade. On Monday most will be ankle deep in pooh just like you and I. And when the "Big One" hits sending So. Cal. back to the stone age we will rule this forum. The blatent posts of the comradery and respect for each other leaves a foul taste in my mouth. I'm not bitter about being left out of the fun I just want a little consideration of our feelings next time. I am human too.

Get your .22 rifle Gear and lets go opossom hunting after midnight. I'll grab a 12 pack of beer. See? we don't need them to have fun. BOOH YAHH!

Comment

remember you guys back east have gdavis62

we have plumbdog10

wanna trade

never

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

p.c. your name came up yesterday during lunch

butt then your avitar came up too. so we took up a pool to change your image. out here in s.calif, we all have plastic surgery we are up to putting you under the knife and cleaning up your image. unfortunately we only collected enough for a pair of proper fitting overalls.

make you a deal. next year, i'll treat you to the royal "josh" treatment.

i'll even take you for a tour of the "stars homes" there is a company that does the tour on segways. but you got to be under 250#. so start with limiting the twinkies

maybe we can make it an annual thing and change the location every year

i'm up for a shotgun over a putter

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

When I started here there was dog, plumber and Rick. I believe plumber was from Illinois but I may be wrong. I just happened to stumble by and did not know anyone before posting. It also seems like we have a bunch of plumbers from Alberta, I'm not sure why we have clusters from different areas but I am sure that will change with time.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Ah man that's not fair, I never knew they had trade shows out there, when are some gonna come our way?!
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Gear,

The "Westies" think they are better than us. They have trade shows that we don't get an invite to. Josh even takes them out for a round of golf before the show. Now they are all "buddie buddie" and have drinks together. Sure they may have the better climate riding around in convertibles and motorcyles with a silicone enhanced trophy wife on their arm but it's all just a facade. On Monday most will be ankle deep in pooh just like you and I. And when the "Big One" hits sending So. Cal. back to the stone age we will rule this forum. The blatent posts of the comradery and respect for each other leaves a foul taste in my mouth. I'm not bitter about being left out of the fun I just want a little consideration of our feelings next time. I am human too.

Get your .22 rifle Gear and lets go opossom hunting after midnight. I'll grab a 12 pack of beer. See? we don't need them to have fun. BOOH YAHH!
                I had the same thoughts. After possum hunting we can go snipe huntin. I bring the kroger sack, you bring the whistle. Is your avitar really you?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  remember you guys back east have gdavis62
                  You're not funny.
                  Last edited by gear junkie; 06-10-2007, 12:50 PM. Reason: misspell
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Rick just HAD to rub that in our faces didn't he?
                    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      p.c. your name came up yesterday during lunch

butt then your avitar came up too. so we took up a pool to change your image. out here in s.calif, we all have plastic surgery we are up to putting you under the knife and cleaning up your image. unfortunately we only collected enough for a pair of proper fitting overalls.

make you a deal. next year, i'll treat you to the royal "josh" treatment.

i'll even take you for a tour of the "stars homes" there is a company that does the tour on segways. but you got to be under 250#. so start with limiting the twinkies

maybe we can make it an annual thing and change the location every year

i'm up for a shotgun over a putter

rick.
                      Rick, apology accepted

The wife and I will be in San Diego 1st week of Jan. for a math convention If it's still golfing weather then I'll go a round with whoever is close by just so I don't have to hang with these professors. All they do at dinner is pass around math equations on cocktail napkins to see who can solve it first. And when they do talk its all about the elegance and symmetry of mathmatics...BORING! Last years meeting got ugly when the subject of open or closed superstring theories came up. You know like the way we argue about Flat Rate vs. T & M.

Gear, that is one handsome fella don't you agree?

Comment

You're sense of humor is almost as good as Rick's.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                          Ah man that's not fair, I never knew they had trade shows out there, when are some gonna come our way?!
                          Announcing the
                          2007 Maryland PHCC
                          Trade Show & Seminarskesville Armory
                          610 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD

Hours: Show 2 - 7 p.m.
                          Snacks: 2 - 5 p.m.
                          Seminars: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.

SHOW FLOOR EXHIBITOR LIST

SEMINARS FREE ADMISSION

You snooze you loose, March 8, 2007

This will be the biggest show of the year:

126th Annual Convention and
                          ISH North America Trade Show
                          9/29/2008 - 10/3/2008
                          GA-Atlanta, GA
                          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 06-10-2007, 02:22 PM.
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            Rick, apology accepted

The wife and I will be in San Diego 1st week of Jan. for a math convention If it's still golfing weather then I'll go a round with whoever is close by just so I don't have to hang with these professors. All they do at dinner is pass around math equations on cocktail napkins to see who can solve it first. And when they do talk its all about the elegance and symmetry of mathmatics...BORING! Last years meeting got ugly when the subject of open or closed superstring theories came up. You know like the way we argue about Flat Rate vs. T & M.

Gear, that is one handsome fella don't you agree?

sounds good. let crappy work on the location since this is his neck of the woods.

i'm sure the rat pack would be up for a road trip.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Mark, thanks for heads up. My wife's family lives an hour south so I'll definently be there. Can anyone go or do you have to be a member of phcc?
                              Are there good deals on tools at these kind of things?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X