Gravity Heating system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravity Heating system

Has anyone any links to gravity CH system pipe layouts if possible which are connected to heat emitters ?
    Has anyone ever came across the term " drop pipe" in gravity CH system layouts ?
    Many Thanks.

Re: Gravity Heating system

ok I'll bite.............what's a CH system? Heat emitters= radiators

Comment

I think "CH" would be central heat system connected to radiators

Comment

Yes. CH is an acronym for "central heating" where I come from.

Can a hydronic heating system be installed using gravity circulation alone to distribute the hot water around the radiators and no pumps used ?.

I have come across the term "drop pipe" and wondered if any of you guys had ever heard of such a term.

Comment

"Can a hydronic heating system be installed using gravity circulation alone to distribute the hot water around the radiators and no pumps used ?"

Short answer: Sure they can, it was done all the time before circulators came on the scene. Flow control valve off the top of the boiler and pitch your pipe properly and the return in the bottom.
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Norplumb View Post
            Yes. CH is an acronym for "central heating" where I come from.

Can a hydronic heating system be installed using gravity circulation alone to distribute the hot water around the radiators and no pumps used ?. Yes here in D.C. lots of houses built around 1900 had gravity systems but were all high mass/large volume systems. I would not do it with a newer low mass boiler and radiators.

I have come across the term "drop pipe" and wondered if any of you guys had ever heard of such a term. I worked with an old timer that used a term similar to that on a gravity system. "Drop leg" I think he called it. He liked to make up his own plumbing terms. Referred to the pipe coming from the high point in attic to the first radiator on the return side.
            Hope this helps

Comment

Many Thanks Gents.

Comment

Working...
              X