Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with rigid 258 pipe cutter foot pump(HF32)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with rigid 258 pipe cutter foot pump(HF32)

At our work we have a rigid 258 floor cutter, powerdrive 700, and rigid HF32 haudralic foot pump that we use. We had a problem with the ram part of the unit and it was replaced and when the unit is used the ram does get pushed up by the pump , but it does not have enough hydraulic pressure to press the cutter wheel against the pipe to cut it , when the powerdrive 700 is engaged. I have tried anouther hand pump at work , and it does work properly , pushing the cutter wheel against the pipe with enough pressure to cut it. On the rigid HF32 haudralic foot pump I have replaced the o-ring on the valve spindle , but that has not helped at all. I was wondering if anyone has any idea about where the problem may lie. There is a HF32 repair kit which does contain o-rings , ball bearings , springs and I believe a valve , but I need to get this equipment back up and running now , and probably don't have time to wait for the kit to be ordered and come in. Any quick response would be appreciated.
    Thanks Mark

Re: Problem with rigid 258 pipe cutter foot pump(HF32)

Originally posted by MarkL View Post
    At our work we have a rigid 258 floor cutter, powerdrive 700, and rigid HF32 haudralic foot pump that we use. We had a problem with the ram part of the unit and it was replaced and when the unit is used the ram does get pushed up by the pump , but it does not have enough hydraulic pressure to press the cutter wheel against the pipe to cut it , when the powerdrive 700 is engaged. I have tried anouther hand pump at work , and it does work properly , pushing the cutter wheel against the pipe with enough pressure to cut it. On the rigid HF32 haudralic foot pump I have replaced the o-ring on the valve spindle , but that has not helped at all. I was wondering if anyone has any idea about where the problem may lie. There is a HF32 repair kit which does contain o-rings , ball bearings , springs and I believe a valve , but I need to get this equipment back up and running now , and probably don't have time to wait for the kit to be ordered and come in. Any quick response would be appreciated.
    Thanks Mark
    What type of pipe are you using, and what is the joining method?
    the dog

Comment

is it possible that you might have air trapped in the hydraulic system?

i don't own this cutter, but on the hydraulic equipment i do own, there is a procedure to get the air out of the system.

air will compress and make it feel spongy, while oil will not compress.

see if there is an online maual here on this site. look for it at the top of this page under support.

i'll look and see if i can post the link.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

try this link.-

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/1CAFDBB...utters_Man.pdf

i looked at page 12 and it said to bleed the system of air and make sure the oil is full when retracted.

there is also a good parts breakdown, but you will need the repair kit if that's the case. since you're accross the pond, i don't have a quick fix to parts. check with the local ridgid rep for more help.

i just had my propress serviced and in 2 days they fixed it and shipped it ups back to me thanks bill at bucknall tools in north hollywood, calif.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X