Small Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Update

Hey guys. Well I received my drivers lisence a few weeks ago, so that's a huge step for me, since my dad doesn't have to drop me off or pick me up at the shop now. As I can also drive the work trucks around now which helps out alot. I'm currently studying for the online 10 Hour OHSA Certification, which someone on here recommended but I forgot who, I'm about 1/2 through that. I'm also getting ready to take my GED test as well.

I just got back from a job interview. It went great, it was nice to sit down and talk to the owner about anything and everything for more than an hour. He was really down to earth and explained the mass amounts of benefits he has to offer, along with the mass variety of different jobs he tackles. I wrote down $14 an hour, and stayed firm about it. He said he wanted to start me at $12 an hour with the chance to grow if I could step up the plate.

Just a small update I figured I'd pass along.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Re: Small Update

Your a fine young man Aaron, nice start in life and a good head on your shoulders. I commend you for this...
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Dude whats the deal on that? A few weaks ago and your just telling us know!Westcoast hasn't even got his yet and everyone here is high hand slapping and patting his glutes

Huge congrats!!!

Welcome to the jungle,the snakes are the worst

Good job sticking to your guns on $14.00,if you go in at $12.00 you should be able to adapt and pick up the routine to get $14 in 30to45 maybe 60 days no more.Be carefull how you approach your employer at that time

Have fun Aaron

Adam

p.s. Let us know if anyone tries to jack with you,I'm chomping at the bit to open up a can of Ridgid

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
        Hey guys. Well I received my drivers lisence a few weeks ago, so that's a huge step for me, since my dad doesn't have to drop me off or pick me up at the shop now. As I can also drive the work trucks around now which helps out alot. I'm currently studying for the online 10 Hour OHSA Certification, which someone on here recommended but I forgot who, I'm about 1/2 through that. I'm also getting ready to take my GED test as well.

I just got back from a job interview. It went great, it was nice to sit down and talk to the owner about anything and everything for more than an hour. He was really down to earth and explained the mass amounts of benefits he has to offer, along with the mass variety of different jobs he tackles. I wrote down $14 an hour, and stayed firm about it. He said he wanted to start me at $12 an hour with the chance to grow if I could step up the plate.

Just a small update I figured I'd pass along.

Good job Aaron!not only study the trade, but also business along with it. watch how the shop owners and managers work. You can learn alot from watching a person run their business. Learn the true meaning of customer service, You will learn to watch expenses and maximize profits. Do a great clean job on every job, be one step ahead of the plumber every task and you will get your $14 in no time
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Aaron , Congrats keep up the good work.
          THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Thanks guys for all the kind words. It just seems one too many people got into the trade for just the money and could give a **** less about the code books, until it's time to go for the Journeymens or Masters, or about how their jobs turn out overall.
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
            X