Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta to adopt 2005 NPC (Sept. 2/07)

http://www.qp.gov.ab.ca/documents/or.../2007_254.html
    You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Re: Alberta to adopt 2005 NPC (Sept. 2/07)

A lot of stuff I don't like about the new code...the extension of the f.o.p to 1200 mm is pretty cheesy...But I do like how a relief vent for a vent stack (on a building 11 stories or more) is now called a yoke vent.... A lot less confusing...

10) Division B Sentence 2.5.2.1.(1) of the Code is varied by striking out Clause (c) and substituting the following:

(c) where 2 water closets are connected at the same level it shall be by means of a double sanitary T fitting if the vent pipe is vertical and by means of a double Y fitting if the vent pipe is horizontal,

Does this amendment take precedence over 2.4.2 in the 95 code that states double Sanitary T fittings cannot be used to connect 2 wall outlet wc's...I havent had a chance to pick up a copy for myself, but i think im going to buy the multimedia version...
    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

i would hope that they will amend the new codes to specify that rear discharge toilets may not use a tee. i think that our codes are a joke here in albera as compared to other places like victoria b.c. if you want to go through a real inspection work there for a stint.
      how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

I think it gets easier as you move east...ontario is even worse..they were allowing sched 10 pvc underground as recent as 5 years ago
        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
          ...the extension of the f.o.p to 1200 mm is pretty cheesy...
          (9) Division B Sentence 2.4.8.2.(1) of the Code is varied by striking out “1200 mm” and substituting “900 mm”

I like this amendment also

(7) Division B Article 2.4.2.1 of the Code is varied by adding the following after Sentence (4):

(5) The soil‑or‑waste pipe serving a clothes washer shall not be less than 50 mm and separately vented or the connection shall be downstream of all fixtures that are circuit vented.

I do like how a relief vent for a vent stack (on a building 11 stories or more) is now called a yoke vent.... A lot less confusing...

Yah, I think the intent of the 2005 NPC was to make the code easier to follow and interpret (a dumbed down version of the 1995.) The same can be said for the new wet venting term "circuit venting" A wet vent now refers only to vertical wet venting and a circuit vent refers to the old "horizontal wet venting"

10) Division B Sentence 2.5.2.1.(1) of the Code is varied by striking out Clause (c) and substituting the following:

(c) where 2 water closets are connected at the same level it shall be by means of a double sanitary T fitting if the vent pipe is vertical and by means of a double Y fitting if the vent pipe is horizontal,

Does this amendment take precedence over 2.4.2 in the 95 code that states double Sanitary T fittings cannot be used to connect 2 wall outlet wc's...
          I don't think so, common sense and good trade practice will prevail.

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
          i think that our codes are a joke here in albera as compared to other places like victoria b.c. if you want to go through a real inspection work there for a stint.
          I worked in B.C. for 10 years, the code really isn't much different, just less amendments, follows the NPC closer. Different municipalities and inspectors enforce the code more strickly than others. I think the "hot economy" here in Alberta plays a part in it too. When was the last time an inspector asked you to air,smoke or water test a residential DWV rough in?

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondahead View Post
            (9) Division B Sentence 2.4.8.2.(1) of the Code is varied by striking out “1200 mm” and substituting “900 mm”

I like this amendment also

(7) Division B Article 2.4.2.1 of the Code is varied by adding the following after Sentence (4):

(5) The soil‑or‑waste pipe serving a clothes washer shall not be less than 50 mm and separately vented or the connection shall be downstream of all fixtures that are circuit vented.

Yah, I think the intent of the 2005 NPC was to make the code easier to follow and interpret (a dumbed down version of the 1995.) The same can be said for the new wet venting term "circuit venting" A wet vent now refers only to vertical wet venting and a circuit vent refers to the old "horizontal wet venting"

I don't think so, common sense and good trade practice will prevail.

I worked in B.C. for 10 years, the code really isn't much different, just less amendments, follows the NPC closer. Different municipalities and inspectors enforce the code more strickly than others. I think the "hot economy" here in Alberta plays a part in it too. When was the last time an inspector asked you to air,smoke or water test a residential DWV rough in?
            The inspectors don't require DWV test on all instalations?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              The inspectors don't require DWV test on all instalations?
              Nope. Testing hasn't been enforced for a couple years now.

Comment

A lot of stuff I don't like about the new code...the extension of the f.o.p to 1200 mm is pretty cheesy...But I do like how a relief vent for a vent stack (on a building 11 stories or more) is now called a yoke vent.... A lot less confusing...

Does this amendment take precedence over 2.4.2 in the 95 code that states double Sanitary T fittings cannot be used to connect 2 wall outlet wc's...I havent had a chance to pick up a copy for myself, but i think im going to buy the multimedia version...
                In Ma we already have the Yolk vent for BLDG's over ten...they connect every ten to the main vent stack above ten, 36" above floor level.
                As far as the rest...boy O boy it's gonna be a dandy time when we switch (IF).
                The codebook is such a great read as is....(can anyone say "INDEX" or "Glossary"?)
                As far as connecting 2 wall mount closets to a double san tee....You don't mean back to back do you?

Comment

I think it gets easier as you move east...ontario is even worse..they were allowing sched 10 pvc underground as recent as 5 years ago
                  no, say that was a typo.
                  We don't allow sched 15 "dollhouse" traps...all has to be 40 except the tailpiece.
                  I can't imagine what would happen if it were muddy and a car drove over it.

Comment

Working...
                  X