Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want your all's hardest criticism...(Pictures)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want your all's hardest criticism...(Pictures)

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Not really I am licensed there as well. Like I say I don't know where you are so I don't know your Codes. I do find it a little odd that they would not comply with the materials listing standards.

Mark
    You're licensed in MA?

Comment

DB, How did you like Governor Romney. If you trash talk him prepare for a debate. Although to save everyone else we will do this over pm as they have had enough of me lately.
      THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
        Mark, thanks for taking the time to explain that to me, I now understand what your saying.

.... But I don't see it being a problem on a vertical pipe, or am I missing something?
        Aaron,

Not many people would agree but there almost is not a single place in plumbing where a flush bushing should be used. As a matter of fact one of my buddies is the past President of a Plumbing Engineering Society. While I was camering a house on one of my projects I showed him the result of a flush bushing on the waste line. After that he shared with me that the first set of plans he was ever turned down on was because he had designed a vertical rain water system which included a flush bushing where the pipe size increased.

The fact that an inspector does not know enough to turn you down on a project does not mean you are doing it right. Every year I spend a week in classes with Plumbing & Mechanical Inspectors from all over the Country. Many of them are the heads of Departments in large cities. I am always amazed at how many of the obsure stuff they do not know.

The Inspectors are there to keep you honest but it is your job to protect first the Health & Safety of your clients and secondly the Trade. You keep asking questions and I am sure you will be able to do both some day.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
          DB, How did you like Governor Romney. If you trash talk him prepare for a debate. Although to save everyone else we will do this over pm as they have had enough of me lately.
          I didn't like him and Plumbing is hard enough to "debate"...forget politics or religion...count me OUT on those two here!

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            You're licensed in MA?
            LOL-No I guess I thought you mis-spelled Mars.

I was saying I am licensed in the States next to me. That is why I need to know both the International Codes and the Uniform Codes.

Mark

Comment

LOL-No I guess I thought you mis-spelled Mars.

I was saying I am licensed in the States next to me. That is why I need to know both the International Codes and the Uniform Codes.

Mark
              The "better" half says I'm from Mars...she's always right.

Comment

You're licensed in MA?
                Just for giggles you may want to look at the Massachusetts Uniform State Plumbing Code. Under 248 CMR 10.06 it lists ASTM Standard F-656-96a and ASTM Standard D2855-96 which are the same Standard the IPC and UPC use as References. Again I don't work with your Code and dobn't doubt you but I would like to understand more about your Code.

Mark

Comment

So what did we think about Aaron's work?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Just for giggles you may want to look at the Massachusetts Uniform State Plumbing Code. Under 248 CMR 10.06 it lists ASTM Standard F-656-96a and ASTM Standard D2855-96 which are the same Standard the IPC and UPC use as References. Again I don't work with your Code and dobn't doubt you but I would like to understand more about your Code.

Mark
                    You likely know this, but it's online...gimme a sec....keeping in mind that even if there's a general reference to ASTM, it doesn't necessarily mean there isn't some clause elsewhere in the book...what I do know is that we don't use it.
                    Ironically when we see it, it usually means the homeowner went to HD and did a DIY, plumbing supplies don't carry it here.
                    Be right back.....

Comment

I'm wondering about his S-trap? I'm assuming his code requires some sort of vent.
                      Brent

Comment

You likely know this, but it's online...gimme a sec....keeping in mind that even if there's a general reference to ASTM, it doesn't necessarily mean there isn't some clause elsewhere in the book...what I do know is that we don't use it.
                        Ironically when we see it, it usually means the homeowner went to HD and did a DIY, plumbing supplies don't carry it here.
                        Be right back.....
                        LOL- You don't need to look it up now I was just curious so when I make small talk I can say Massachusetts does not require primer because.....

Mark

Comment

Here Mark...this is the link to 10.06
                          248 CMR 10.00: Uniform State Plumbing Code
                          Though it refers to ASTM, I don't see the specific numbers, again I just think it's referenced elsewhere in our book...either that or for some strange reason the entire state just doesn't like it. (Who knows, maybe in defiance of HD...the state board has fined them in the past for offering wtr htr installation classes)
                          I could be wrong, for example, to the shock and surprise of everyone in my trade we recently adopted PEX for potable use just a few years ago.

Comment

LOL- You don't need to look it up now I was just curious so when I make small talk I can say Massachusetts does not require primer because.....

Mark
                            Just tell 'em because massachusetts just has to be different...LOL

Comment

Here Mark...this is the link to 10.06
                              248 CMR 10.00: Uniform State Plumbing Code
                              Though it refers to ASTM, I don't see the specific numbers, again I just think it's referenced elsewhere in our book...either that or for some strange reason the entire state just doesn't like it. (Who knows, maybe in defiance of HD...the state board has fined them in the past for offering wtr htr installation classes)
                              I could be wrong, for example, to the shock and surprise of everyone in my trade we recently adopted PEX for potable use just a few years ago.

to the shock and suprise of everyone here, we still cannot use pex, we can try for a varience, but not allowed to use it like copper
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                                to the shock and suprise of everyone here, we still cannot use pex, we can try for a varience, but not allowed to use it like copper
                                I still don't use it...for baseboard maybe, but the whole PolyButylene catastrophe was a big lesson in how "special interest" big money can influence or speed up government decision making...in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X