Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Vent for Kitchen Sink! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Vent for Kitchen Sink!

    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    i've been trying to get it mandatory to list ones occupation and location. of course there is no way to verify if its true, but at least we can weed out the phonies.

    location helps in determining code and jurisdiction. there are still some on this plumbing forum that are too shy or not proud enough to list anything.

    josh, got your ears on dogs ears are always listening

    rick.
    It could be done, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to give my license# without a guarantee of privacy.
    I DO agree though...sure would be nice knowing we weren't "swapping notes" with some software engineer who got his hands on a DIY book for reference and wanted to pick brains on how to do his own boiler. (can you say BOOM?)

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Vent for Kitchen Sink!

      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i've been trying to get it mandatory to list ones occupation and location. of course there is no way to verify if its true, but at least we can weed out the phonies.

      location helps in determining code and jurisdiction. there are still some on this plumbing forum that are too shy or not proud enough to list anything.

      josh, got your ears on dogs ears are always listening

      rick.
      This sounds like a great idea. I second that.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Vent for Kitchen Sink!

        I agree, there needs to be a location and occupation on the profile I will try to vote twice
        sigpic

        Robert

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Vent for Kitchen Sink!

          Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
          The dog is always on the prowl. Sniffin' and snortin'. And......looking out for you less savvy guys (not you dyrty). I like plumbers and hate to see them get screwed because of their egos.

          Oh, I'll make the admission of falling victim to my own pride...oooh yeah.
          One of the first guys I ever worked for told me ONE very important thing..
          "You will NEVER know everything there is to know about plumbing. I find myself learning from first year apprentices still in school, because they're getting all the new info. Take pride in your work, but don't let that pride get in your way."
          He had over 30 years experience, 5 plumbing licenses in 3 different states.
          I STILL had to make that mistake a few times.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Vent for Kitchen Sink!

            I agree duck, no matter how much you think you know, or how great you think you are, there is always someone out there that has a bit more knowledege or a bit more skill. Life is a learning process in everyway.
            sigpic

            Robert

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Vent for Kitchen Sink!

              Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              Oh, I'll make the admission of falling victim to my own pride...oooh yeah.
              One of the first guys I ever worked for told me ONE very important thing..
              "You will NEVER know everything there is to know about plumbing. I find myself learning from first year apprentices still in school, because they're getting all the new info. Take pride in your work, but don't let that pride get in your way."
              He had over 30 years experience, 5 plumbing licenses in 3 different states.
              I STILL had to make that mistake a few times.
              And your point is what, junior? Review my posts and you will see that I have many, many times said I have learned from this forum. That's why I love it. Learn the knowledge before you speak, lest you look like the fool I have many times made of myself on this forum. No on has made a fool of themselves more than me, so I talk from experience. My post was in defense of the plumbers I deeply respect on this forum. If you didn't understand it, continue to study, one day you may get the concept.
              the dog

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Vent for Kitchen Sink!

                Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                And your point is what, junior? Review my posts and you will see that I have many, many times said I have learned from this forum. That's why I love it. Learn the knowledge before you speak, lest you look like the fool I have many times made of myself on this forum. No on has made a fool of themselves more than me, so I talk from experience. My post was in defense of the plumbers I deeply respect on this forum. If you didn't understand it, continue to study, one day you may get the concept.
                Dats otay Doggy, you misinterpreted my reply...I was agreeing with:

                I like plumbers and hate to see them get screwed because of their egos.
                Now here...have a mikbone, play nice.

                Comment

                Working...
                X