Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Flux Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flux

    Which is one do you pefer?
    Nokorode paste flux or Utility flux?

  • #2
    Re: Flux

    actually i prefer everflux. it's from the u.k.

    seems to work the best out here.

    i did pick up a sample of another flux and will try it out.

    nokorode used to be the best.

    we are talking about water soluble flux, correct

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Flux

      I love Everflux, I was in another state for 6 months doing plumbing and didn't have everflux, had some other crap, dissapointment, I missed my everflux
      sigpic

      Robert

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Flux

        I use no-korode for soft soldering , c-flux for braising silver on existing copper

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Flux

          Tried Nokorode for awhile, didn't like it and I forget why.
          The only thing that seems to make a major difference is the solder...95-5 is my ONLY solder...Silvabrite is my choice.
          I don't dare keep 50-50 around...not even on DWV...runs too fluid so you tend to have to baby-sit the torch on how hot the copper gets so it doesn't leave crevices from flowing out of the top of the fitting, also it smears too much.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Flux

            Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            I don't dare keep 50-50 around...not even on DWV...runs too fluid so you tend to have to baby-sit the torch on how hot the copper gets so it doesn't leave crevices from flowing out of the top of the fitting, also it smears too much.
            DB, you are just out of practice. You probably learned to solder with 50/50 like I did.

            Utility is my normal flux but for dirty old copper I like Laco

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Flux

              Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              DB, you are just out of practice. You probably learned to solder with 50/50 like I did.

              Utility is my normal flux but for dirty old copper I like Laco

              I'd used it alot when I did commercial dwv.
              There's no way to avoid the way it spreads out from the hub...95/5 doesn't...just gives you a nice clean joint with a manageable bead at the bottom and spreads thicker because of it's higher melting point.
              Guess it's all a matter of preference.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Flux

                Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                DB, you are just out of practice. You probably learned to solder with 50/50 like I did.

                Utility is my normal flux but for dirty old copper I like Laco
                Your lucky,Were not allowed to use any flux that's not water soluable.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Flux

                  Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Your lucky,Were not allowed to use any flux that's not water soluable.

                  add, no lead solder. no 50-50. although i have some stashed for that just in case senario.

                  scratch that

                  no flux, no solder, no torch


                  propress 2 jobs with it today.

                  rick.
                  phoebe it is

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X