Business Van - New or old?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business Van - New or old?

Whats the difference between service and repair?

And do you have any pictures of earth quake valves you've installed? It sounds very interesting.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
      Whats the difference between service and repair?

And do you have any pictures of earth quake valves you've installed? It sounds very interesting.
      Service can be a repair or preventive maintanance where repair is fixing that which is broken.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Aaron, I don't happen to have a picture of a e.q valve installed, sorry, when I install my next one, I will take a pic and post it
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Americanvan.com is website that caters to construction vehicles. They probably have something for your van. I just bought some stuff. Great company.

Ben
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks Robert, I appericate that, plumbing such a different ball field out there, and sounds interesting.
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

NIce truck Robert ,bet you're proud as a new Papa . Congrats. The day I passed my test in Oklahoma I already had my ins/ bond ,company name . I went directly from the test station to the oklahoma construction industry board and got my active license . Did you crash course or self study?I figured I would save us a few grand and learn the codes thoroughly , not just what"s going to be on the test . I spent ten months every evening and everyweek-end studying . I scored 88% on my mech. [ipc and igc ]then went back after three months and passed my business and law with an 86%. I met many, I mean many who were still trying to pass it on thier third and fourth attemps. Not just plumbers but all trades . It took almost a year of my free time but I feel I know the codes inside and out as well as anyone , and I have a sense of great personal accomplishment. I had bein working with Boca codes so I had to re-learn IPC and IGC .

Comment

Originally posted by apf View Post
                NIce truck Robert ,bet you're proud as a new Papa . Congrats. The day I passed my test in Oklahoma I already had my ins/ bond ,company name . I went directly from the test station to the oklahoma construction industry board and got my active license . Did you crash course or self study?I figured I would save us a few grand and learn the codes thoroughly , not just what"s going to be on the test . I spent ten months every evening and everyweek-end studying . I scored 88% on my mech. [ipc and igc ]then went back after three months and passed my business and law with an 86%. I met many, I mean many who were still trying to pass it on thier third and fourth attemps. Not just plumbers but all trades . It took almost a year of my free time but I feel I know the codes inside and out as well as anyone , and I have a sense of great personal accomplishment. I had bein working with Boca codes so I had to re-learn IPC and IGC .
                Hi APF, I did the crash course, but before I did that, before I got my journeymans, I went to a 8-10 month course on the UPC, then went an got my jouneymans, then studied another year and a half of business and law every evening for 30-60 mins, purchased books etc. I really cracked down 6 months before I planned to take my test. As I was walking out of the state test facility I decided I wanted to take my B license, general and C-42, which is city Sanitation, the only problem is I do not have anyone to sign my work experience. I love to learn and am always trying to better my education. I feel very accomplished everytime I pass a test, it is better then any drug out there As far as percentages they do not give us that info, unless you fail. I passed both sections, law and trade on the same day.
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Sounds like we have a similar make-up

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                    Tom, the whole process takes about 6 weeks from start to finish. what stage are you in, the original app? passed the test? the day I passed my test, I went right to the ins co and got my bond and sent it all same day, I made a mistake on my first app, so it took 1.5-2 weeks longer, I did everything as fast as I could. did you get ytou app fee number yet# ? if you did, you can watch the process on-line.
                    Thanks for the info. I've heard it can take up to a year! I've passed both of the tests and send in the paperwork and bond. Now the waiting begins.......

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
                      When starting a business, is it necessary to get a newer, cleaner, looking van? I bet it looks better when one pulls up to a customer's house, but do you guys think it really makes a difference?

When I say old, I'm talking 1997 or so and older. Plus, the van looks a bit beat up, or the van looks more like a "family van" instead of a work van.

As some of you know, I'd be doing only drain cleaning, so I wouldn't have as many materials as a regular plumber would.

I'm just curious because I am looking at vans and I do like the newer cargo vans because I think it looks more professional, but they cost more than an older "family van" that I can get for cheap.

Thoughts/opinions welcomed
                      so long as the service van can withstand the rigors of the job.. doesnt have to be the sophisticated, latest or newest van in the market..

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                        Thanks for the info. I've heard it can take up to a year! I've passed both of the tests and send in the paperwork and bond. Now the waiting begins.......

It won't take a year, you have about 3-4 weeks, as long as your agent didn't mess up the bond app like mine did. you know about the app number and the web site to check progress correct?? By the way, don't listen to the BBB when they call you, I asked rick about this and we came up with the same conclusion, it's a joke rip off. congrats on passing and becomming self employeed
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                        X