X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pex to Polybutylene

why 2 different rings? I use the black rings on booth and have not had a problem.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Pex to Polybutylene

Call the manufactor, maybe they can shed some light on the subject.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

and then when they do, please post back and let us know
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Funny this would come up...Just Today I had a Pex coupling burst in my very own basement. Luckily I happened to be down there and shut off the water as I soon as I could. Upon closer inspection, i noticed the previous plumber ( or more likely homeowner) used a poly b x pex adapter, with one one ring of each kind. I'm glad the rest of my house is copper.
        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
          Funny this would come up...Just Today I had a Pex coupling burst in my very own basement. Luckily I happened to be down there and shut off the water as I soon as I could. Upon closer inspection, i noticed the previous plumber ( or more likely homeowner) used a poly b x pex adapter, with one one ring of each kind. I'm glad the rest of my house is copper.
          are you able to identify the ring that burst, the manufacturer? i am very curious if it was wirsbo or rehau or some other brand
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

There may be a difference in the metallurgy of the copper alloy? I don't know of any one up here using the insert fittings and crimp rings with Uponor or Rehau. I only see them on the crap pipe like Zurn,Bow-pex etc...
            You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Working...
            X