Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I install a tankless water heater under my circumstances?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I install a tankless water heater under my circumstances?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    robert, electric are 80-90% efficient. since the heating elements are submerged the transfer of heat is very efficient.

grasshopper, the car still needs a good waxing and joey would like that

rick.

i have a customer that has a 1 bathroom condo with an electric tankless. she loves it. used to have a 40 electric tank. the electrical panel for the building is right behind her unit. the other 27 units are jealous since the electrical requirements would be quite costly. her unit is supplied by 3 sets of 40 amp breakers. thats 120 amps at 240 volts. so a new panel was installed to accommodate the heater.

Hmmmmmmmm, daddy, until you can prove it to me, I am right. As a rule, electric is more expensive then gas. As far as the wax job, I iwll come over, less a shirt, let me know when your not home
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      Hmmmmmmmm, daddy, until you can prove it to me, I am right. As a rule, electric is more expensive then gas. As far as the wax job, I iwll come over, less a shirt, let me know when your not home
      true, electric is more expensive to operate than gas.

but the questions was efficiency.

right out of the rheem hand book.

the high efficiency gas heater has an energy rating of .58-.62/ .65 on direct vent.

the electric has an efficiency rating of .91-.94

there are 4 cars that need a good waxing. it's going to be hot tomorrow. call joey for directions i'll be freezing pipe tomorrow in the marina with big truck

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

HAHAHAHA, I love you daddy, you are the only one that entertains me. I am glad you like your big truck, to bad it compensates for other things

I am researching the electric to gas ratings with regards to the tankless, I must admit, I have only 10 years experience compared to your 30, so with that said, if I find you are right, I will post accordingly
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

HAHAHAHA, I love you daddy, you are the only one that entertains me. I am glad you like your big truck, to bad it compensates for other things

I am researching the electric to gas ratings with regards to the tankless, I must admit, I have only 10 years experience compared to your 30, so with that said, if I find you are right, I will post accordingly
          forget posting, i'm right

now, on with the wax before you have to do big truck too

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Wax On-Right Hand

Wax Off-Left Hand

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              Wax On-Right Hand

Wax Off-Left Hand
              so crack, tell robert that i was right i take it you are agreeing with me

robert, it's gonna be hot, come by early so you only need to do 4 cars and not big truck

still waiting to be proved wrong on this one

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I will get the numbers on monday rick, right from the horses mouth, either way I will post the results.

I am glad we had this conversation, because if you are correct, then you will have finally taught me something new after all these months

ok daddy, robert
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

I will get the numbers on monday rick, right from the horses mouth, either way I will post the results.

I am glad we had this conversation, because if you are correct, then you will have finally taught me something new after all these months

ok daddy, robert
                  Got my attention.

Comment

ok daddy, robert
                    What horse do you need to talk to about this?

If we are just strickly talking efficiency levels; electric has gas beat by a mile.

Actually I thought electric heaters were well over 95% efficient
                    Last edited by plumberscrack; 07-14-2007, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Westcoastplumber

Has anyone ever told you that you look like Frank Trigg the MMA fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by fronty View Post
                        Westcoastplumber

Has anyone ever told you that you look like Frank Trigg the MMA fighter?
                        No way, he looks like a small version of the Rock.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by fronty View Post
                          OK... Rinnai is out of the question as they do not make an electric tankless. Any other brand??? This unit will be for a whole house application.

Thanks

SETS
                          I can't recall, but they're either made by Takagi or Noritz.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            No way, he looks like a small version of the Rock.

HAHA,

You guys are funny,i think he looks like no-one,although he says that people tell him he looks like ben afleck.

They must have benn smoking crack when they told him that

mrs wc
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              What horse do you need to talk to about this?

If we are just strickly talking efficiency levels; electric has gas beat by a mile.

Actually I thought electric heaters were well over 95% efficient

Hello crack,

I will find out about the tankless to gas efficency, then I will let you all know.

I have been told I look like skeet alrich played it off once when I was younger, much younger, like 19. fun times
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

I think your avatar picture resembles Frank Trigg.

Comment

Working...
                                X