Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Ream Or Not To Ream, That Isn't The Question

Per Section 310.3 In The 2003 Upc, Quoted:

Burred Ends Of All Pipe And Tubing Shall Be Reamed To The Full Bore Of The Pipe, And All Chips Shall Be Removed. If The Cutting Wheels Of Tube Cutters Are Dull, The Pipe Or Tube Will Be Excessively Burred. The Same Condition Will Result If Excessive Pressure Is Placed On The Cutting Wheel.

So, I Bring This Up Again Because I Was Told I Was Wrong When It Came To Reaming Abs Pipe. It Was Brought To My Attention (thanks Mark) That It Was In The Code Book, I Was Just Looking In The Wrong Section.

Daddy, I Have A Garage You Can Use To Wax My Truck, I Won't Make You Do It In The Sun (age):d:d
    sigpic

Robert

Re: To Ream Or Not To Ream, That Isn't The Question

grasshopper, not sure what you use for cutting abs but i have never had to ream abs pipe. my pull saw is the best cutting saw i've ever found for plastic. my tubing cutters with the thin plastic cutting wheels, don't leave a burr or ridge.

now, you should be reaming your trenchless sdr17 hdpe like i do

we'll be out in your neck of the woods this morning. i'll even bring the car to you for a full detail call me. i need directions and mrs wc. still doesn't know where she lives just an address is fine, i have my mio310x

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Robert wins
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

lol I remember this from last night.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

My boss told me not to ream ABS piping when we cut it because it would give us future drain cleaning calls.

Yes, I'm just kidding, but I could see him saying that unfortunately
          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

I have always jsut taken a pocket knife and made a quick pass on the inside to clean any wire edge type bur, as normaly there is next to nothing, but now and then if a saw is used there is a few chips still hanging on or just a very very small edge left with a tubing cutter.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              grasshopper, not sure what you use for cutting abs but i have never had to ream abs pipe. my pull saw is the best cutting saw i've ever found for plastic. my tubing cutters with the thin plastic cutting wheels, don't leave a burr or ridge.

now, you should be reaming your trenchless sdr17 hdpe like i do

we'll be out in your neck of the woods this morning. i'll even bring the car to you for a full detail call me. i need directions and mrs wc. still doesn't know where she lives just an address is fine, i have my mio310x

rick.

we had a BBQ today,a nd RIck and his young wife joined us we had the discussion about the reaming. Although we both agreed, it isn't very necessary, it still is in the code, I guess this is a still mate.

PS GUYS: Rick drives a purple car with pink slipper floor mats he looks so cute
              Last edited by westcoastplumber; 07-16-2007, 05:43 PM.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert, that was Rick's first ride in MY purple car with flip flop floor mats (not slippers).

I don't know about you, but I like having a driver Besides, after he threw down the money to buy it, the least I could do was let him play with it

Joey
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

BHD,

During our chat last night I told the guys I use to keep a pocket knife in my pocket and I would just drag the blade on the end of the pipe to clean any burrs.

Mark

Comment

Cut the pipe with a skillsaw and a sharp marathon framing blade,you guys are talking like cavemen,how do you get anything done on your hourly remodels if your cutting and reaming plastic pipe all day long.And if it's a small amount of cuts I use the lennox hacksaw W/18 teeth,your can debur with your thumb.

Have a nice DAY

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      Robert, that was Rick's first ride in MY purple car with flip flop floor mats (not slippers).

I don't know about you, but I like having a driver Besides, after he threw down the money to buy it, the least I could do was let him play with it

Joey
                      Don't worry Joey, at least Rick doesn't go goo goo ga ga over cute little fluffy dogs then blame his wife when "she" puts them on his avatar. Deny it all you want Robert, we know the truth!!!
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Alright Joey... ya gotta post a pic of the new car in the Gallery. We havent seen it yet.

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

Joey

Comment

I have noticed when Robert talks about the dogs he does get a little twinkle in his eyes. Almost the same way Rick does when he sees a new K-60.

Mark

Comment

Josh, I posted a picture in the gallery.

Ben and Mark, I could not stop laughing!

Joey

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              Don't worry Joey, at least Rick doesn't go goo goo ga ga over cute little fluffy dogs then blame his wife when "she" puts them on his avatar. Deny it all you want Robert, we know the truth!!!

Are we all forgetting that Rick sits down to pee? or did we forget about that post?
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X