under sink drain issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• under sink drain issue

I am having a under-sink drain leak problem around a fitting where the threads are stripped. I am trying to use Harvey's Soil Seal to fix the problem but with poor results. Also tried plumber's expoxy with poor results (would not dry to form a seal) Is there another product I should be using? This has happened once before with another sink and I bought a material that dried to an asphalt-like consistency and worked flawlessly. However I have not been able to find that product...

Re: under sink drain issue

A picture would help out a lot. If you can't take a picture, maybe try and describe what thread is stripped, etc. It could be from a couple different places.

Also, I think the product you had was either a JB Weld type product or Epoxy. There are some good epoxy products out there and then there are some that are bad. I try not to use it unless necessary. There was a good product I got from a large plumbing/heating/HVAC company, but forgot the name of it
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

I am never one to band-aid a drain issue. If you are having a problem with the slip/joint nut's on tail piece or something comparable, roll a small bead in your hands and wrap it around the vinyl or rubber nut and re-tighten.

other then that, if it is a fitting like a tapped durham san-tee in the wall, it is best to replace it, it will bite you in the butt later when it leaks for months and you aren't aware of it.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Replace the stripped fitting. Do it right. Peace of mind is a great thing.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

agreed...the fitting can't cost more than the glues/poxy's and the time you're taking to "band aid" it.

Comment

Like I said in my post, don't half a** it, if you live there, do it right and replace the fitting, remember, "band aids" get you in the end If you spend enough now to get it fixed right, it will cost you so much less later
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
            X