Latex or Nitril??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latex or Nitril??

who uses latex gloves under their work gloves? powdered or non powdered?

who uses nitril?

please feel free to discuss brands, types, sizes, etc.

i personally use the Criterion brand Latex powdered examination gloves. i have no issues with latex and the powdered ones go on easy over wet hands. i wish they were a bit longer in the cuff. 1 1/2 inches more would be perfect. these are readily available locally and rather inexpensive at $8.50 for a box of 100.

next

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: Latex or Nitril??

The ONLY time I've ever used latex gloves is in a hospital waste...it's required.
    They last all of 30 seconds.
    I got sick of changing them so I put regular work gloves over them.

Comment

I make it a habit to use latex, I get them at Ferguson, I have all my shots, hep etc, but you can never be to safe. I have ahabit of getting out of my van, going to the back and grabing latex and a flashlight, then I greet the customer
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        I make it a habit to use latex, I get them at Ferguson, I have all my shots, hep etc, but you can never be to safe. I have ahabit of getting out of my van, going to the back and grabing latex and a flashlight, then I greet the customer

robert does your wife know that you grab latex prior to meeting a customer?

i know my customers well and don't need the latex

now as far as the gloves go i use a combination of 3 different styles. latex when i want cheep and disposable. nitril when i want strength, and pvc when i want to reuse them. typically when jetting i use the pvc. i always wear the ugly gloves over them.

since i started to wear gloves, i don't come home looking like dirtyhands

sorry adam

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          robert does your wife know that you grab latex prior to meeting a customer?

i know my customers well and don't need the latex

now as far as the gloves go i use a combination of 3 different styles. latex when i want cheep and disposable. nitril when i want strength, and pvc when i want to reuse them. typically when jetting i use the pvc. i always wear the ugly gloves over them.

since i started to wear gloves, i don't come home looking like dirtyhands

sorry adam

rick.

Rick, you do need help, you carry three different types of gloves? I wear latex under my cable gloves, and then just latex when I do most everything else, zeljka appreciates the fact I have half way clean hands

Rick, Charlie misses your chest pocket surprise
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            Rick, you do need help, you carry three different types of gloves? I wear latex under my cable gloves, and then just latex when I do most everything else, zeljka appreciates the fact I have half way clean hands

Rick, Charlie misses your chest pocket surprise
            charlie has competition. i had a cat today that wouldn't leave me alone. i wanted to take it home but the owners had it for 15 years. the most social cat i've ever been around. plus i didn't get my shoes bitten

when you jet, you need protection. the latex rip just putting them on

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

charlie has competition. i had a cat today that wouldn't leave me alone. i wanted to take it home but the owners had it for 15 years. them most social cat i've ever been around. plus i didn't get my shoes bitten

when you jet, you need protection. the latex rip just putting them on

rick.
              Costco had the best latex gloves, but then they changed and have some horrible gloves now. I am forced to buy the ones from Ferguson, which aren't bad, but they aren't great either ridgid should come out with some good comfortable latex, bet they could it
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

try graingers. they have more variaties on the shelf than you can imagine. you pay a little more, but you get a glove that can be worn and not rip. also try the pvc ones. they don't rip.

i'll show you some next time

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I like the purple nitril gloves with no powder. I only wear them when I am working with chemicals.

Comment

Just to add my two pence( England money).Started using thin nylon gloves with nitrile palms,type recommended for assembly work and dexterity, when doing installation work.They take a bit of getting used to but i can recommend them, no nasty little cuts and grazes for germs and nasties to get into.Also knee pads that are built into ones trousers. These simple bits of kit have made my work life a lot more comfortable and I recommend them .

Comment

try graingers. they have more variaties on the shelf than you can imagine. you pay a little more, but you get a glove that can be worn and not rip. also try the pvc ones. they don't rip.

i'll show you some next time

rick.

Funny you say that, I was in Graingers this AM, I happened to go by the shelves with the safety stuff, lot's of gloves, thanks for the recommendation, when I re-stock, I will go there
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

I just got a bucket of 250 8 mil blue nitrile gloves from Gemplers.

Comment

Working...
                        X