double head torch-reveiws?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double head torch-reveiws?

Has anyone tried the double torch head by turbotorch model st-11. It uses mapp gas. I thinking about trying it out cause my oxy actylene set gets heavy going into attics.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: double head torch-reveiws?

Hi Ben, I saw this, but the company that makes it wasn't turbo, it was Goss, it looks ok, I haven't tried it, but it may be something I try someday. Check out Goss, I heard they are better quality then turbo
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

I own one,Silver soldered 1" in no wind conditions.Great at soldering with residual or slow drip water.Be carefull,the candle that burns twice as bright burns twice as fast,I.E. lots of gas,But it can be controlled.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        Hi Ben, I saw this, but the company that makes it wasn't turbo, it was Goss, it looks ok, I haven't tried it, but it may be something I try someday. Check out Goss, I heard they are better quality then turbo
        I'll look again, but I got it under turbotorch in a websearch...the "St-11".
        Price isn't too bad either...around $50...I want one!
        Ben...it'd really come in handy for your brazing.

Comment

i use an aceteleyne/ air turbo torch with a b or a tank. much hotter than mapp and lees expensive in the long run. also the hose is more portable than a non hose torch.

for quick soldering i do use a turbo with mapp.

for the big stuff, it's propress all the way.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i use an aceteleyne/ air turbo torch with a b or a tank. much hotter than mapp and lees expensive in the long run. also the hose is more portable than a non hose torch.

for quick soldering i do use a turbo with mapp.

rick.
            Ditto

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I agree with rick and mark, soldering 1/2 to 11/2 with mc tank, and then anything larger, use the propress,
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Just to clarify. I want to use to braze refrigerant lines. I currently use oxy acetylene to braze. Setup's fast but heavy. I think it says you can use that tip up to 6" solder and 3" braze. I don't pay for mapp bottles so I don't care how much they cost. Speaking of bottles-- I was at a supply house today and I saw fuel bottles the same size as mapp and propane but it was black and made by presto lite. I can't remember the fuel type. Any thoughts?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Anyone got a link to this product? I can't come up with any hits. Thanks.
                  Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                    Anyone got a link to this product? I can't come up with any hits. Thanks.
                    Go to google and type: turbo torch st-11. Its the first hit you get. Look at the tips.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks Ben. Wow that lil tip puts out some crazy numbers. My only question is, on MAPP gas why does it say it can only soft solder 1-1/2" and larger?
                      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                        I agree with rick and mark, soldering 1/2 to 11/2 with mc tank, and then anything larger, use the propress,
                        So this is only for repair not construction or can I be mistaken or does this change from application to application.I cannot see myself walking into a new appartment buildings equipment room and see nothing but propress.

Robert the 3" propress water service at the school that you showed me the pictures of(which looked awsome by the way).On that system,did they use P/P inside the school's structures?
                        Was this specification from the engineer or the plumbers call.I'm trying to see how the industry is receiving the product.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          So this is only for repair not construction or can I be mistaken or does this change from application to application.I cannot see myself walking into a new appartment buildings equipment room and see nothing but propress.

Robert the 3" propress water service at the school that you showed me the pictures of(which looked awsome by the way).On that system,did they use P/P inside the school's structures?
                          Was this specification from the engineer or the plumbers call.I'm trying to see how the industry is receiving the product.
                          adam, more and more companies are using propress. i did a camera inspection at a large hotel in newport a couple of years ago and the entire hotel was propress.

for tennant improvement work, you should really think about propress. no waiting for the water to stop dripping and no worries about a leak.

call me when you want a real working demo. just not at the time you normally post 4:30 am.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            call me when you want a real working demo. just not at the time you normally post 4:30 am.

rick.
                            Yeah Adam, or I will have to kick some plumber crack not on my hubby

Mrs. Seat Down
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

I bid the job that way because I was a tight schedule, the kids had a week vacation and I had a long way to run my pipe, along with many unknowns along the way, like tie in's etc. had 5 days to complete the job, with backfill and finish asphalt,
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X